Ajabu House Loldia Farm Naivasha | Ajabu House Lake Naivasha | Ajabu House Lake Naivasha Houses for Rent | Ajabu house on Loldia Farm | Ajabu house Gilgil Malewa Delta lake Naivasha | Ajabu House Accommodation | Ajabu Guest House | Ajabu Kenya Holiday House | Ajabu House North Lake, Naivasha | Self Catering Cottages Naivasha | Ajabu House Naivasha | Ajabu House lodge Naivasha | Ajabu House Holiday Home | Lake Naivasha Ajabu Vacation House | Naivasha Hotels
Ajabu House is set along the shores of Lake Naivasha on the Gilgil and Malewa delta on Loldia Farm (part of the Loldia Conservation area). Ajabu House is less than two hours’ drive from Nairobi or a 30-minute flight to nearby Loldia airstrip.
‘Ajabu’ means “a miracle” in Kiswahili, which aptly describes the ambiance and history of the house located amongst the fig trees, at 6,000 ft.
Built by Wilfreded and Mairo Hopcraft, in 1935-36, and added to over the years, this North lake property, is situated on a 5500-acre private farm/ wildlife sanctuary and an incredible weekend/ escape only 1.45 minutes from Nairobi.
The holiday home has 8 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 18 guests in the following main house and guest cottages.
Siriane Guest House – has 2 spacious rooms each with en-suite bathrooms, with views across the lake and its unique delta, plus exceptional views of Mount Longonot. One room is a double room and the other can be a double or a twin.
The Master Bedroom – A large spacious en-suite room (with an antique bath) with stunning views across to Lake Naivasha (where the Gilgil River and Malewa River meet), the Aberdare Mountain Range and Mount Longonot. This room can (and did in the past) double up as a family room with the unique ‘bird’ room connected to it (via a door). This room also has a double sofa bed which is very useful for small children.
The Bird Room – This double / twin room is en-suite and perfect for children with room bunk beds and one queen bed. The ‘birds’ on the wall are unique and create a certain – je ne sais quoi! This room is the very essence of the house’s history – the beautiful birds were painted by a family friend over 60 years ago and they were used to educate the children on East African birds.
The Muse Guest House – is a family room with a shared bathroom (Double bed in the parent section and 3 beds in children section) and two separate double en-suite bedrooms. This was the backbone of the house (offices, stables etc.) until 2014 when we converted this area to accommodation with three bedrooms.
The red room has option for double or twin with en-suite bathroom. The blue room has a single bed (it can be two singles on request) and an en-suite. The Muse is a perfect addition to Ajabu House.
The grounds are well suited for families, with manicured lawns, and terraced gardens, and a wildlife wall surrounding the property.
To expel a bit of energy there is a clay tennis court, below the house, a trampoline to play on, boating, fishing and tubing on Lake Naivasha, birding and lovely game drives. The house has a team of 4 staff to care for your needs.
A masseuse can also be arranged in advance by appointment.
Ajabu House Loldia Farm Naivasha Non-Residents Prices
Non-Residents Rates Include:
Full board accommodation per night, wine, local spirits and beer. Rate excludes imported spirits, champagne and cigars
|Date From||Dates To||Single Room
|1st January 2021||28th February 2021||480 US Dollars||960 US Dollars||290 US Dollars|
|1st March 2021||14th May 2021||360 US Dollars||720 US Dollars||200 US Dollars|
|15th May 2021||31st December 2021||480 US Dollars||960 US Dollars||290 US Dollars|
* Check in time 1100 Hours
* Check out time 1000 Hours
* Conservation fees of 22 US Dollars and Gratuities (we recommend 10 US Dollars per person per day)
* All rates are quoted for an all-inclusive stay at Ajabu House in US Dollars and subject to change without further notice
* In the case of a last minute booking (less than 1 month before the check-in date), 100% payment is required from the client, within 48 hours of making the reservation
* As soon as a client makes a booking, a 50% deposit of the total reservation amount is required immediately. The final balance is required 1 month in advance of the check-in date
* Vehicle – we can arrange a vehicle and driver for 350 US Dollars per day – this will need to be pre booked prior to arrival (the vehicle does not include fuel and will need to be returned with a full tank of fuel at the end of your stay)
Ajabu House Loldia Farm Naivasha Residents Prices Per Night
Residents Rates Include:
Meet and greet on arrival + Self Catering, toilet paper, washing products and kitchen condiment – Note: These rates are exclusive of VAT, but 16% VAT will be charged on your invoice
Number of Guests
Rate Per Night
Up To 4 People
|25,000 Kenya Shillings|
Up To 8 People
35,000 Kenya Shillings
Up To 10 People
|40,000 Kenya Shillings|
Up To 14 People
45,000 Kenya Shillings
Up To 18 People(only possible with children
|60,000 Kenya Shillings|
Children 3 to 12 years per child
3,000 Kenya Shillings
* Minimum 3 night stay on all fully catered booking
* Over the Christmas period (20th of December to 5th of January inclusive), rates will be based on a minimum of 10 Guest rate for a 3 night stay
* For parties over 10 guests, chef is compulsory – this is priced at 1,500 Kenya Shillings per day and a one off 2,500 Kenya Shillings transport charge
* Should you wish to stay past check out time on your date of departure, you must book this late departure in advance and there is a surcharge of 10,000 Kenya Shillings
Residents Rates Exclude:
* Gratuities (we recommend 500 Kenya Shillings – 1,000 Kenya Shillings per group per night)
* Vehicle, all meals, drinks, toilet paper, washing products, kitchen condiments, boat and boat men
* Chef at cost of 1,500 Kenya Shillings per day and a one off 2,500 Kenya Shillings transport charge
* Fresh Loldia lamb available to buy at 800 Kenya Shillings per kilo. Please book in advance if you would like this for your stay
Ajabu House Loldia Farm Naivasha Activities
* Visit to flower farm – Free
* Crater Lake Excursion – Free
* Game drives and bird watching – Free
* Walk to organic vegetable garden – Extra Cost
* Fishing (we do not provide fishing rods) – Free
* Tennis – there is a tennis court at Ajabu House – Free
* Day trip to Hell’s Gate or climb Longonot – KWS park fees applicable – Extra Cost
* Walk around steam jets on Eburu Farm (Eburu Farm is a 45 minute drive from Ajabu) – Free
* Golf at Great Rift Valley Golf Resort – 20 mins drive from Ajabu House – green fees and club hire payable and available at the pro shop – Extra Cost