Arusha Ngiresi Cultural Tourism Programme | Ng’iresi Tanzania Cultural Tourism Programme | Arusha Ng’iresi Cultural Tour | Ngiresi Village Half Day Trip Arusha Tanzania | Daily Life in Ngiresi Village Tanzania | Arusha Day Tours | Ng’iresi Cultural Tour | Ngiresi Cultural Tanzania Cultural Tour | Arusha Day Trips | Arusha Ngiresi Half Day Trips | Arusha Ngiresi Day Tours | Ngiresi Village Tour | Arusha Region Cultural day tour | Half-day tour to Ng’iresi village
The Ngiresi Village is situated 7 kilometres out of Arusha on the green and steep slopes of Mount Meru.
The inhabitants of the village are all farmers of the Wa-arusha tribe (Masai tribe). Our half day tour of Ngiresi Village gives you a first-hand look into the real life of the Wa-arusha tribe.
You get to meet them in the countryside and learn about their culture and way of way of life.
Ngiresi Village Cultural Activities
* Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by a local family
* Learn about the Wa-arusha culture (old stories, traditional houses)
* A guided tour to some farms on the green and steep slopes of Mt. Meru
* Climb to Lekimana hill to have a good vantage point view over Arusha town and the surrounding Masai plains
* A visit to one or two development projects in the village (soil conservation, irrigation, cross breeding, bio gas, fish nursery)
Arusha Cultural Half Day Tour Ngiresi Village Itinerary
0900 Hours: Our half day tour of Ngiresi Village departs in the morning for Ngiresi, just outside of Arusha. You will be welcomed with coffee and tea at Mzee Loti’s farm. After, a local guide speaking good English will tell you about the history, culture and daily life of the village.
The guide will also tell you about the different development project in Ngiresi which include bio-gas, crossbreeding and soil conservation projects on the farm.
Next, you will take a walk to some nearby homes, where you will see the various types of traditional Masai and Wa-arusha houses. From there you take a walk and climb Lekimana hill to have a good vantage point view over Arusha town and the surrounding Masai plains.
On a clear day, Mt. Kilimanjaro is visible. You descend Lekimana hill on a different route and proceed to visit Ngiresi primary school.
1300 Hours: Back at Mzee Loti’s farm, you get a traditional meal cooked by the Juhudi women’s group.
1400 Hours: After lunch we board our vehicle and transfer to Arusha
Ngiresi Village Arusha Cultural Half Day Tour Prices
Ngiresi Village Arusha Cultural Half Day Tour Rates Includes:
Lunch + Price per person + Tour of Ngiresi Village as described above + Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour can be combined with a day trip safari to Arusha National Park
Ngiresi Village Arusha Cultural Half Day Tour Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)