Dar-es-salaam 1 Day Tour Bongoyo Island Day Trip | Bongoyo Island Dar-es-salaam Tanzania | Bongoyo Island Picnic Dar-es-salaam Tanzania | Bongoyo Island Dar-es-salaam Day Trip | Dar-es-salaam Day Tours Tanzania | Bongoyo Island Day Trip from Dar-es-salaam Tanzania | Bongoyo Marine Reserve Day Trips in Dar-es-salaam
Dar-es-salaam 1 Day Tour Bongoyo Island Day Trip takes you to Tanzania’s uninhabited island called Bongoyo Island situated 2.5 km north of the country’s largest city, Dar es Salaam.
This abandoned island is a popular destination for those seeking peace, unspoilt nature, sunbathing, swimming beaches and beautiful snorkeling sites.
The island lies close to the Msasani Peninsula and is reachable by means of a 30 minute boat ride from the mainland.
0800 Hours: We pick you from your hotel/ residence in Dar-es-salaam and transfer you to the Slipway shopping center on the western side of the Msasani Peninsula.
0930 Hours: Our boat departs the mainland and sails to Bongoyo Island. The ride takes about 30 minutes. Usually the boat departs with 4 or more people.
The ride in the morning on the boat ride can get splashy so remember to take some plastic/ waterproof bag to keep your valuables dry. The afternoon boat ride can be a bit choppy.
As soon as you arrive you will place your lunch order. There are a number of seafood items normally available, but be sure to ask which ones are available on that particular day (because typically not everything is available each day).
The beach at Bongoyo island is a good little escape from the city of Dar-es-salaam, and it’s easy to get there. Once you arrive on Bongoyo Island you can relax on the beach, wait for lunch, and hang out.
1300 Hours: Lunch is served. There is a hut for lunch. You can also eat at your Banda (little huts with shade) which has a view of the ocean. Also, you can bring your own food and beverages so you don’t have to purchase anything once you’re on Bongoyo Island.
Relaxing under a shaded Banda, taking a dip in the sea, snorkeling, hiking, and exploring are delightful activities that visitors can engage in on Bongoyo Island.
Weekends can be busy, but if you go on a weekday, the island should be nice and quiet.
1700 Hours: Jump back on the boat and head back to Dar-es-salaam.
Dar-es-salaam 1 Day Tour Bongoyo Island Day Trip Prices
Bongoyo Island Day Trip Rates Includes:
Possible to customize the tour + Professional English speaking guides + All entry fees, guide fees, service charge and taxes + Dar-es-salaam 1 Day Tour Bongoyo Island Day Trip & Pickup from your hotel in Dar-es-salaam city and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 5 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2022||31st December 2022||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* You can get food at the island but the quality varies from day to day
* The Island is a Marine Reserve therefore the beach and water is pretty clean
* You can get a Banda (Beach Hut) for hire to save you from the sun for a small fee
* There is a hiking trail where people interested in taking a hike can walk – there is good nature trail
* Private boats are also available for hire. We can take you to the other hidden beaches and provide lunch and snorkeling
Bongoyo Island Day Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Lunch (option and extra charges direct)
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)