Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island includes a visit to the “Mercury House” in Zanzibar where Freddie Mercury was born and spent his early years.
This tours walks in the streets of Stone Town and follow in the footsteps of Zanzibar’s most famous son, Freddie Mercury was a Bristish lead singer of the rock band Queen, skilled musician, songwriter, producer, flamboyant showman, and a local Zanzibari.
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island highlights
* Discover the mystical Zoroastrian temple where Mercury worshipped with his family
* Wander through Shangani, where Freddie Mercury was born and lived with his family
* Enjoy lunch at the seafront Mercury’s restaurant, a modern day tribute to the man and his music
* Visit the Zanzibar Gallery shop, once home to Mercury’s family, and receive a Freddie Mercury T-shirt
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island Itinerary
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island takes a walk in the streets of Stone Town following the footsteps of Zanzibar’s most famous son, Freddie Mercury.
Lead singer of the rock band Queen, a skilled musician, flamboyant showman and also a Zanzibar, Freddie Mercury was born as Farouk Bulsara on 5th September 1946 in Shangani, Zanzibar.
Freddie Mercury spent his formative years living and playing in Stone Town’s winding alleyways. His parents were Parsi and had immigrated to Zanzibar from India. Mercury’s openly homosexual lifestyle was at odd’s with Zanzibar’s prominently Muslim culture.
His family was practicing Zoroastrians; a religion founded more than 3000 years ago and believed to be the world’s oldest religion.
After studying at a boarding school in Bombay, Farouk Bulsara returned to Zanzibar leaving with his parents and younger sister at the age of 18 for London where his transformation into Freddie Mercury took place.
Wander through Shangani where Freddie Mercury was born and lived with his family. Your guide will take you to the Zanzibar Gallery shop, once home to Mercury’s family where you’ll receive a Freddie Mercury t-shirt.
The house is located at Kenyata Road next to Shangani (Stonetown) Post Office.
From here, you’ll head to the mystical Zoroastrian temple, where Mercury worshiped with his family. You’ll end the day with a seafront lunch at Mercury’s restaurant, a modern day tribute to the man and his music.
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island Prices
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island Prices Include:
Bottle water + Entrance fees where applicable + Guiding services by a Local guide + Transportation by air-conditioned mini- van & Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Stone Town hotels
|Dates From||Dates To||Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* The tour lasts 2 hours
* Closed walking or hiking shoes are recommended
* The tour is suitable for both individuals and large groups
* Dress conservatively when walking through Stone Town, women should cover their shoulders and wear long skirts or trousers in town
Freddie Mercury Tour Stone Town Tour Zanzibar Island Prices Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Lunch at Freddie Mercury Restaurant
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)