Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit is a day excursion that begins with a tour of Kampala City where you get up close to the city’s must-see sights and learn about the development projects growing Uganda’s economy on this 2-hour walking tour of Kampala.
With a local guide leading the way, look out over the sea of vehicles at the Old Taxi Park, and breathe in the heady aromas at Nakasero market.
Then, get a glimpse of the Parliament of Uganda building before traveling to two of the innovative grassroots initiatives that are promoting sustainable farming, education and literacy, and entrepreneurship.
Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit Tour Highlights
* Discover the catalysts of Uganda’s recent economic progress in the face of widespread poverty
* Explore the impressive Uganda Martyrs Shrine, honoring the sacrifice of 55 martyrs to Christianity
* Visit Kampala’s local attractions, from the Kampala Taxi Park to Nakasero Market to Constitutional Square
* Learn about innovative Ugandan grassroots development initiatives by visiting two of three local NGO projects
* Travel to Eastern Uganda, getting a look at the Mandela football stadium dedicated to the late Nelson Mandela en route
Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit Tour Itinerary
0800 Hours; after breakfast we pick you from your hotel and transfer you to the city centre where our tour begins. Take to the Ugandan capital’s lively streets on foot. Your first stop is the Old Taxi Park, a sprawling mass of vehicles that is a true sight to behold.
Then, continue to Nakasero Market. Together with your guide, weave through the stalls, and soak up the bustling atmosphere as locals haggle with traders over fresh produce.
Next, make your way to Constitutional Square, the city’s only public square, before strolling to the Parliament of Uganda building. Listen as your guide shares stories of how the country gained its independence, and then return to the minivan for the next leg of the tour.
Sink into your comfortable seat and peer out of the window as you travel toward Eastern Uganda. Pass by the Mandela National Stadium, and then stop at the Uganda Martyrs Shrine.
Walk around the shrine (own expense) and learn about the group of Anglican and Catholic converts who were executed in the late 1800s, during the religious struggle for political power at the Buganda royal court.
Lastly, visit two of Kampala’s three grassroots development projects. Tour these non-governmental organizations with a local expert, and learn about the history of each and how they benefit the local population.
Discover how the Katende Harambe Rural-Urban Training Centre is growing the economy through sustainable farming, and hear how the Kawempe Youth Centre works to improve education and literacy among the city’s youth.
Or maybe visit the Kinawataka Women Initiatives and see their work that empowers local women to open small businesses. Your tour then concludes with a drop-off back to your hotel or residence.
Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit Prices
Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit Rates Includes:
Price per person + Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit + Pick-up from your hotel in Kampala and drop-off to your hotel + All park entry fees, service charge and taxes where applicable & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Duration: 2 Hours
* Comfortable walking shoes recommended, no sandals
Kampala City Tour Local Village Farm Visit Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)