Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits | Kampala Walking Tour Including Refugee Community Visits
Refugee Community Tour Kampala Uganda | Kampala Refugee Community Walking Tour
Kampala Tour Including Development Project Visits | Kampala Day Tours Uganda
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits offers you a unique opportunity to see Kampala’s local life and meet Uganda’s refugee community.
On this 2-hour walking tour of Kampala you will be with a local guide by your side, wander the capital’s lively streets and experience the city as the locals do. Visit a women’s training center and find out how it empowers East Africa’s refugees.
Browse the vibrant stalls at two city markets, marvel at the architecture of Kampala Hindu Temple, Uganda National Mosque and Lubiri Palace, and meet members of the local refugee community.
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits Tour Highlight
* Make a royal visitation at Lubiri Palace to learn about one of the oldest Ugandan kingdoms
* Explore the streets of Kampala, visiting local attractions like the Nakasero and Owino markets
* See Uganda’s only skyscraper mosque, the Gaddafi National Mosque, that seats an impressive 15,000 worshipers
* Visit a local NGO, refugee community to see what programs are supporting and empowering the refugee community
* Learn about Uganda’s social issues through the personal stories of struggle and success from East African refugees
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits Tour Itinerary
0800 Hours: Pick you up from the hotel and depart to the city center. You will start your walk and follow your guide on foot through the Ugandan capital’s bustling streets.
Make your first stop at the Nsambya – YARID center, a vocational training facility for women. Here, get a glimpse into the difficult lives of East African refugees and find out how the non-governmental organization YARID (Young African Refugees Integral Development) is supporting the community through peer counseling, workshops and training.
After learning about the challenges that the refugee community face, head back out onto Kampala’s street for a snapshot of local life. Walk around Nakasero Market and soak up the atmosphere as you peruse the stalls that are overflowing with aromatic fresh food.
Then, be amazed by the sea of vehicles at the Old Taxi Park and marvel at the Kampala Hindu Temple’s elaborate towers before browsing the colorful array of secondhand clothing at Owino Market.
Walk with your guide to Kampala’s main YARID center. Here, learn about the facility’s development programs and be touched by the refugees’ emotive life stories as you meet with members of the community.
Next, board your air-conditioned minivan and travel to Lubiri Palace. Take in the traditional architecture of this royal residence as you listen to your guide share stories of the Buganda kingdom, one of Uganda’s oldest kingdoms.
Then, hop back in the minivan and enjoy a short journey to Uganda National Mosque. Once known as Gaddafi National Mosque, this awe-inspiring monument seats more than 15,000 people and dominates the capital’s skyline.
After discussing your new-found knowledge of the refugee communities and commenting on other prominent, national issues with your guide, your tour concludes with a drop-off back at the hotel/ residence.
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits Prices
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits Rates Includes:
Price per person + Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits + Pick-up from your hotel in Kampala and drop-off to your hotel + All park entry fees, service charge and taxes where applicable & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Please leave your valuables at home or at your hotel
* A dress code is required to enter places of worship. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
Kampala City Walking Tour Refugee Community Visits Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)