Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip | Malindi Gedi Ruins Malindi Marine Park 1 Day Tour | Malindi Day Tour Experience | Malindi Gedi Ruins Marine Park Full Day Tour | Malindi Excursions | Malindi Day Tours
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip explores the Swahili town of Malindi, the Historic Site near Malindi Called as Gedi Ruins.
After enjoy sumptuous lunch and proceed to visit the Malindi Marine National Park in the Indian Ocean to see Coral Reefs, Tropical Fish, Barracuda, Turtles and Dolphins.
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip | What to Do and See
* Glass boat ride in Malindi Marine Park to see some sensational fishes and can snorkel
* Lunch at the Hemingway’s Hotel Malindi used to be a popular spot for Ernest Hemingway
* Take a walk in Malindi narrow alleys in the old part of town where the old houses have been lived in for centuries
* Visit the Church of St. Francis Xavier standing across Vasco da Gama’s pillar, where he carved the Christian cross
* Visit the Juma Mosque and learn about the unfortunate use of the structure for slave trading until the late 19th century
* 12 miles from Malindi is the town of Gedi. Despite Gedes close proximity to Malindi; it was never a focus of any European activity
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Itinerary
0830 Hours: The tour starts with a visit of the Malindi Marine Park. After, you proceed to Malindi town to see the Vasco da Gama pillar and later you visit Gedi Ruins located on your to Mombasa.Malindi is one of Kenya’s coastal towns North of Mombasa. Just like Mombasa, Malindi holds a lot of history.
Its scenic beauty and clean white beaches makes it one of the most visited towns. The Swahili people are the predominant culture found in Malindi. This is a multi-ethic city, a mixture of different culture and religious, a multi colored human rainbow, this is how Malindi can be presented.
Down town and old center, the local market building and touristic resorts. Malindi is Kenyan beach holiday at all. Malindi is the liveliest and entertaining place along the coast, with its discos, restaurant and pubs night parties on the beach, the casino. Everything needed to make an unforgettable holiday.
Malindi was made famous after Vasco da Gama’s stopover in 1498. In Malindi, you will see narrow alleys in the old part of town where the old houses have been lived in for centuries.
One of the oldest East African churches still stands strong; the Church of St. Francis Xavier still stands strong across from Vasco da Gama’s pillar, where he carved the Christian cross.
Also extant is the Juma’a mosque, which was misused as a haven for slave trading until mid 1870’s. Gede Ruins is a 12th Century Swahili village that was mysteriously abandoned some 600 years ago due to unknown causes.
It is now a National Museum, and the ruins are heavily overgrown with beautiful indigenous forest trees, baobabs and tamarind. Well worth a walk and a visit. Look out for Syke’s Monkeys, and the Golden Rumped Elephant Shrew can also be seen here.
A quiet, careful look in some of the old wells can turn out the odd owl, too. The tour of Malindi area will encompass a visit to the lost city of Gedi, the town of Malindi, a ride out to sea in a glass bottom boat and lunch at Hemingway’s Beach Resort or Turtle Bay Beach Resort.
Later return back to your hotel in Malindi.
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Prices
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Rates Includes:
Lunch + Mineral water during tour + Professional English speaking guides + All entry fees, guide fee, service charge and taxes & Pickup from your hotel in Malindi and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged (8 to 12 Years)|
|1st January 2022||31st December 2022||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Visit the town of Malindi
* Visit Malindi to see the Vasco da Gama’s pillar in Malindi
* Ride out to sea in a glass bottom boat and lunch at Hemingways Hotel
* Visit the ruins of the 13th century Swahili village of Gede, lying south of Malindi
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)