Mara Expedition Camp | Mara Expedition Camp Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camps | Masai Mara Safari Camps | Masai Mara Luxury Accommodation | Mara Expedition Camp Rates | Great Plains Conservation | Great Plains Conservation Mara Expedition Camp | Mara Expedition Camp Maasai Mara | Safari Packages to Mara Expedition Camp | Flights to Mara Expedition Camp | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Hotels Lodges & Camps
Mara Expedition Camp is a small, intimate camp located on the banks of the Ntiakitiak River, within the private conservancy of Olare Motorogi that borders Mara North Conservancy and Masai Mara National Reserve.
Mara Expedition Camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 250 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time take about 45 minutes. The nearest airstrip is Ol Kiombo Airstrip, just 9.9 km away.
There are 5 luxury tents shaded by a natural forest canopy of African ebony trees. The camp is constructed with deference to the wilderness that surrounds it, and raised off the ground for minimal environmental impact.
Mara Expedition Camp’s design draws stylistic reference from the old, authentic expedition camps of a bygone era. It is the perfect blend of comfort, adventure and harmony in the camp’s five, custom-designed tents. The camp is authentic and stylish, with leather, and canvas touches everywhere and a level of service that is surprising, detailed and enjoyable.
A private verandah with safari chairs gives guests a place to relax and unwind while listening to the sounds of the Kenyan wilderness. The en-suite bathroom features a bucket shower with hot water delivered to your tent as needed as well as a flush toilet and vanity with hot and cold running water.
The outdoor common areas are like central lounge, dining area and fire pit are lit with lanterns, so that guests can always enjoy the immense dark skies over Kenya that are filled with an endless number of stars while enjoying their drinks.
Dinner is served in the main dining area or outdoors underneath the glittering night sky, after which guests can order a glass of cognac or wine and gather around the campfire to share entertaining bush stories or browse the offerings in the small library, relax with a refreshing cocktail in the lounge and many other pastimes in the camp
Activities in the Mara Expedition Camp include; game drives, sunset cocktails, village visits, hot air balloon safaris and nature walk. The Mara Expedition Camp is only closed between the period 1 April to 14 June annually.
Mara Expedition Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Per Night Include:
Full Board Accommodation, all meals + Scheduled activities on the Mara North Conservancy and the Maasai Mara Reserve + Laundry + Return Ol Kiombo airstrip road transfers + Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages including premium beverages
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Tent
8 to 15 Years
Exclusive Use of the Camp
1st Jan 2021
|14th May 2021||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
15th May 2021
|15th Nov 2021||1,350 US Dollars||1,850 US Dollars||450 US Dollars||7,400 US Dollars|
16th Nov 2021
|31st Dec 2021||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
* Minimum age is 8 years
* Maximum Occupancy is 10 Guests
* The camp is only open from 15th May 2021 to 15th Nov 2021
* Families will be combined with other guests for all game viewing activities
* 7 Days 6 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Chyulu Hills Masai Mara | Click Here
* Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy $ 50 per person per night
* Children 16 and older will pay applicable adult rates and be accommodated in a separate tent
* Maasai Mara Park fee 80 US Dollars per adult per night & 45 US Dollars per child aged 8 – 15 years
* Child rates are applicable for up to one child aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in a tent
Non-Resident Accommodation Exclude:
* Tips and gratuities
* All items of personal nature
* Any other item(s) not included or mentioned
* Hot air ballooning which should be booked in advance
* Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees
* Maasai cultural visits – 20 US Dollars per person paid directly to Maasai