Mara Plains Camp | Mara Plains Camp Masai Mara | Mara Plains Camp Olare Motorogi Conservancy | Mara Plains Camp Rates | Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camps | Masai Mara Safari Lodges | Masai Mara Luxury Accommodation | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Camps | Great Plains Conservation Mara Plains Camp | Mara Plains Great Plains Conservation Masai Mara | Mara Plains Camp Ntiakitiak River Masai Mara | Mara Plains Camp Location | Safari to Mara Plains Camp | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Hotels Lodges & Camps
Mara Plains Camp is an intimate luxury safari camp under Canvas located on a bend on the Ntiakitiak River in the heart of the 35,000-acre Olare Motorogi Conservancy on the northern border of the Masai Mara Game Reserve.
The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 280 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time take about 45 minutes. Scheduled flights land at Ol Kiombo Airstrip which 20 minutes’ drive away while charter flight land at Olare Orok Conservancy airstrip which is also 20 minutes away from the Camp.
There are 7 luxury tents under canvas and on raised decks with sweeping views across Kenya’s notable savannah. The camp can only accommodate 14 guests. The tents have en-suite bathrooms with double basin vanity, free-standing copper bathtub, shower and flush toilets and private verandahs with seating and exquisite views.
Each lavish tent has floor to ceiling net walls and the marquis ceiling, dressing area, nightstands with lamps, bench, writing desk, safari wardrobe, luggage rack, yesteryear chest along with a sitting area with chairs and coffee table.
The design and decor pay homage to the essence of East Africa; Swahili heritage is reflected in large wooden doors from the island of Lamu, and accents of red to honor the great Maasai chiefs and warriors.
With the rich leathers, copper and brass used in campaign-style furniture, you have a lavish yet comfortable atmosphere that complements, rather than overwhelms the surrounding wilderness. This camp speaks to the intersection of cultures and as a meeting place to talk, share ideas and to share experiences, like the ones you will have here each day.
Guests in Mara Plains Camp Masai Mara can enjoy the amazing views while dining in the main mess area or whiling away a quiet hour or two in the library. A yoga mat is provided in each tent for those guests who wish to work out in between game drives.
The lounge tent is constructed upon an elevated platform to maximize your views of the endless savannah. It has Kenya’s early decorative elements like brass chandeliers, leather and textile sofas, white and rich purple accent cushions, wooden floors and Persian rugs.
Mara Plains Camp activities include; early morning, late afternoon and night game drives in an open, 4×4 vehicle as well as the option of getting to know more about the local Maasai Community, village visits, safari walks, hot air balloon safaris, day game drives and night game drives.
Mara Plains Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Per Night Include:
Full Board Accommodation + Soft drinks, beer, non-premium wine + Laundry + Shared Game Drives + Laundry + Conservancy Fees + Guided Bush walk + Swimming and tennis + Shared Night Game Drives and Local Airstrip Transfers (Ol Kiombo airstrip)
|Dates To||Single Tent
11th Jan 2021
|31st Mar 2021||1,300 US Dollars||2,600 US Dollars||
680 US Dollars
1st Apr 2021
|14th Jun 2021||950 US Dollars||1,900 US Dollars||
475 US Dollars
15th Jun 2021
|31st Oct 2021||2,800 US Dollars||3,900 US Dollars||
850 US Dollars
1st Nov 2021
|19th Dec 2021||950 US Dollars||1,900 US Dollars||
475 US Dollars
20th Dec 2021
|10th Jan 2022||2,800 US Dollars||3,900 US Dollars||
850 US Dollars
* Kindly request for discounted resident accommodation rates
* 12 Day Kenya Flying Safari Masai Mara Chyulu & Diani Beach | Click Here
* Children from 8 years are welcome and can be accommodated in our family suite
* Late check out rate (15 June – 31 October & 20 December – 10 January) – Not Applicable
* Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy – 50 US Dollars per person per night
* Late check out rate (11 January – 31 March) – 380 US Dollars per adult & 190 US Dollars per child
* Mara Plains Camp can accommodate 14 guests sharing, plus an additional guide’s tent as required
* Late check out rate (01 April – 14 June, 01 November – 19 December & 11 January – 31 March) – 290 US Dollars per adult & 145 US Dollars per child
* Late Departures in Non Premium Season Months is subject to availability. Tent Check out is 1000 Hours. Rate is 25% of per night Rate and Extra Day Conservancy Fee
* The sole responsibility lies with the guests to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependents/ travelling companions
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Bird watching
* Farm and craft tours
* Visits to prehistoric sites
* Cultural visits with local communities
* Masai Mara Game Reserve Conservancy fees
* Champagne, Premium spirits and Cellar Wines
* Use of digital camera – 100 US Dollars per day
* Nairobi Hotel – Wilson Airport – Nairobi Hotel Transfers
* Balloon Safaris (Fig Tree – Adventures Aloft or Governors)
* Game viewing on horseback (hats and English saddles provide)
* Exclusive use of vehicle, subject to availability 350 US Dollars per Day includes use of a digital camera