Mukutan Retreat Laikipia | Mukutan Retreat | Ol Ari Nyiro Conservancy Laikipia | Gallmann Memorial Foundation | Mukutan Retreat Lodge | Mukutan Retreat Laikipia | Mukutan Retreat Ranch Mukutan | Mukutan Retreat Rates | The Mukutan Retreat Laikipia | Mukutan Retreat Africa | Mukutan Retreat Cottages | Kuki Gallmann’s | Makena’s Hills | Laikipia Nature Conservancy Laikipia camps | Laikipia Accommodation
Mukutan Retreat Laikipia is unique refuge resort situated on the edge of the breathtaking Mukutan Conservancy on the edge of the Great Rift Valley, in the pure wilderness of the 90,000-acre Ol Ari Nyiro ranch in the west of Laikipia.
Mukutan Conservancy is 1 hour from Nairobi by air (there is a private airstrip for charter flights, or scheduled flights operate to Loisaba or Laikipia). It is 4 hours from Nairobi by road and 2.5 Hours from Nakuru or Baringo.
‘Mukutan’ means ‘the Meeting’ and it is here that numerous hills and valleys converge in a labyrinth of unspoilt vegetation and wildlife and ancient caves full of stone tools. The Retreat is so called to convey the spirit of total privacy, remoteness and magic that pervades it and that leaves even the most seasoned traveler in awe.
Built out of local stone, papyrus and sustainably gathered (not felled!) indigenous cedar and olive woods and furnished with antiques and textiles from around the world, the Mukutan Retreat is timelessly elegant.
There are 3 large bedroom cottages, with private verandas, and are crafted from local stone and sustainably collected woods. Each cottage features a huge central fireplace, warm cedar floors, large beds carved from wild olive wood and sumptuous areas to relax and the bathrooms are open fronted with large bathtubs for a long soak with a spectacular view.
There is a fourth cottage which has large open fronted living/dining area with a breakfast platform and a huge fireplace for the evenings scattered with cushions and furnished with good books.
Meals are prepared from organic vegetables gotten from the retreat’s organic garden. Meals can be enjoyed in alfresco, in the dining area, on the verandah or by the poolside. The pool built out of rock and fed by cool spring water which beckons in the heat of the day.
Mukutan Retreat Laikipia Activities include: guided walks, fishing, bird watching, insect walks, Ethno botanical walks, picnics, yoga, game drives, night drives, horse riding, camel rides, village visits and volunteer in community projects.
Children’s activities include building fires and dens, learning to navigate by the stars and making plaster of Paris Castes of animal tracks.
Mukutan Retreat Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates
Mukutan Retreat Laikipia Rates: Based on Full Board Basis Per Night (Sleeps a Maximum of 8 Guests)
|Dates To||Standard Single
4 to 12 Years
|1st Jan 2021||31st Oct 2021||Request for Prices||Request for Prices||
Request for Prices
* Christmas Bookings – minimum 5 days
* Check-out time is 10.30am. However, a late departure can be arranged
* Late check-out after lunch is charged at 100 US Dollars per person which includes lunch and activities
* Unless guests have own insurance, all visitors are requested to be covered with Flying Doctors Insurance. This can be arranged through African Spice Safaris
* Flight or road transport from Nairobi to Laikipia can be arranged by African Spice Safaris. As flight rates are subject to change, quotes will be given on request according to circumstances i.e. weight, passengers, pick-up point etc
Mukutan Retreat Lodge Rates above are inclusive of the following:
* Game drives
* Airstrip transfers
* Waterfall Excursion
* Fishing and guided walks
* Full board accommodation
* Picnics, sundowners and Gallmann Memorial Foundation activities
Mukutan Retreat Lodge Rates above are Exclusive of the following:
* Tree Planting
* Cultural visits are 50 US Dollars per person per visit
* Conservancy Fees 80 US Dollars per person per night
* Massage 30 US Dollars per massage with certified locally extracted wild sage oils
* Soft drinks, water, beers and local spirits + spirits and special wines and champagne