Mwanza Day Dxcursions Balili Hill Range is a full day tour from Mwanza town to Balili Mountain, located right outside Bunda town, is a 2-hour drive (160 km’s) from Mwanza, in the direction of Butiama and Musoma – only a few kilometers away from the Ndabaka gate of the Serengeti National Park.
Bunda is located 15 minutes from the Serengeti, 20 minutes from the shores of Lake Victoria. The rooftop of the hills provides great expansive view of Bunda town, Lake Victoria, and the Serengeti endless plain.
A number of activities are available to explore the Balili Hill range, which stands at 1604 meters. We have several routes which offer visitors the best vantage views and can accommodate everyone in your group depending on fitness and interest:
* Forest walks
* Forest drives
* Bird watching
* Butterfly watching
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range Special UP-Hill Walk (1 Hour)
You will walk up hill with your experienced guide from Balili village through a steep terrain. While criss-crossing acacia trees and herbs growing between granite rocks one will be enjoying a majestic view of Lake Victoria and the Bunda town.
Listen to hundreds of stories and what local people believe about the hills, the lake and the Serengeti as narrated by your local guide. The tour is for experiences walkers. On arrival at the top one will enjoy a picnic lunch.
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range Trekking (1 to 2 hours)
You will enjoy a walk through a gentle slope route while enjoying a small waterfall and a natural forest with crispy air. At the hill top there will be a short tour to enjoy various views of Serengeti plains, Lake Victoria and Bunda town from different vantage points.
At the end of the tour, one will seat and enjoy the picnic lunch at the hill top.
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range 4X4 Drive (30 Minutes to 1 hour)
One can opt to embark on a Guided 4X4 Drive to the hill top. Driving to the top can take about 30 minutes covering 16 km’s through a road with a number of hair-pin corners.
This is another exciting option for Balili hill excursion where at the end you will enjoy the views and a picnic lunch or a sundowner. Please note that: Other combinations are available. You can walk up-hill and drive back.
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range Prices
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range Rates Includes:
All applicable entrance fees + Mineral bottle water during tour + Picnic lunch included while on safari + Return road transport from Mwanza + Transportation in a 4×4 Safari vehicle + Professional experienced driver guide & Guaranteed window seating with open top
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Other excursions near Bunda village include Lake Victoria half day (2-4 hours) or full day (6-8hours) tours and excursions. The lake offers best opportunities for spot fishing and a rare chance to sample the traditional ways of fishing practices
* You can also take the Lake Victoria fishing village walk (1-3 hours) visit Mwabulugu a remote fishing village with a local guide to meet the local people and listen to stories regarding their way of life including an opportunity to visit a local school and dispensary. Beyond the sensual thrill to experience a fisherman’s lifestyle with women working to preserve the fish for future use, you will experience a bit of social intrigue as well
Mwanza Day Excursions Balili Hill Range Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Accommodations in Mwanza, Tanzania
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Gratuity for Game rangers, Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary