Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day Trip | Ngare Ndare Forest Excursion | Ngare Ndare Forest Day Hike | Ngare Ndare Forest Day Trips |Ngare Ndare Forest Tree canopy walk | Nanyuki Ngare Ndare Forest Hike | Ngare Ndare Nanyuki Day Trip | Ngare Ndare Forest Visit|Ngare Ndare Forest Nanyuki | Laikipia Tourism | Ngare Ndare Forest Camping | Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve| Kenya Ngare Ndare Forest Excursion | Nairobi Day Tours Excursions
Ngare Ndare Forest hiking day trip is a full day excursion from Nairobi to Ngare Ndare Forest – a lush indigenous forest at the foothills of Mt. Kenya.
0600 Hours: Ngare Ndare forest hiking day trip departs Nairobi by road to Nanyuki with a stopover at Karatina town for breakfast/ snacks. The drive takes approximate 4 hours drive from Nairobi to Nanyuki in Laikipia County.
Another 40 minutes drive brings you to Ngare Ndare forest. From Timau town, the drive takes about 20 minutes. Ngare Ndare forest is a vital corridor that links the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy to Mount Kenya, and one which elephants have been using for centuries.
Ngare Ndare forest is the only indigenous forest in Kenya with an expanding canopy cover, and some of the ancient African Olive and Red Cedar trees within it are thought to be around 200 years old.
The forest was recently included as an extension of the Mount Kenya UNESCO World Heritage Site.
There is a number of walking and mountain bike trails that snake through the forest, and guides are available to accompany visitors who wish to explore them. Ngare Ndare forest hosts a huge number of bird species.
1000 Hours: In the company of a trained and experienced guide, we begin the hike which takes about 2 to 3 hours round trip (7km’s) thereafter, take a walk in the sky canopy walk.
The canopy walkway is a 40 feet high aerial bridge of wire mesh and cables meandering through the tree canopy and extending 450 meters long.
The walkway ends at a wooden platform 30 feet high, where you can relax and enjoy a view of the river from this elevated vantage point and often black rhino, wild dogs, elephant and buffalo can be sighted from up there.
1300 Hours: We enjoy a picnic lunch at the wooden platform deck.
1400 Hours: We hike to the Ngare Ndare falls, which is about 3.5 km’s from the canopy walkway. Swimming and diving are permitted for those who are brave enough to face the refreshing chilly waters. We have a photo session in the great sceneries of the waterfalls.
1500 Hours: Later we relax at the green scenery before departing for Nairobi.
1900 Hours: We arrive back in Nairobi and drop you at your hotel/ residence.
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day Trip From Nairobi Prices
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day Trip from Nairobi Prices Include:
Lunch + Swimming at the natural pool + Guide + Armed Security provided + A guided forest walk, Canopy walk and waterfall visit + All conservancy and entrance fees to Ngare Ndare Forest + Transportation from your Nairobi hotel/ residence to the Ngare Ndare Forest and back to Nairobi & It does include the activity of choice (advance notice is required if you choose to other activities other than hiking)
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 3 to 11 Years|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* You can bring along bird guide books, binoculars, cameras, swim suit and some drinking water
* Dressing may depend on the weather but generally light clothing and walking shoes are recommended
* The walks last 2 to 3 hours on average. We will allocate you a guide experienced in birding and an armed ranger
* The forest offer a variety of activities which include hiking/ forest walking, canopy walk, bird watching, canyoning, zip lining, mountain biking, minor grade rock climbing and abseiling walls, swimming in the waterfall and ice cold natural pools, flora and fauna identification etc
Ngare Ndare Forest Hiking Day Trip from Nairobi Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of one person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)