Sabache Camp Samburu | Sabache Camp | Sabache Eco Camp | Sabache Camp Samburu Prices | Sabache Camp | Sabache Camp Location | Accommodation Rates | Luxury Accommodation in Samburu | Safaris to Samburu | Camping at Sabache Camp | Hotels in Samburu | Budget Hotels in Samburu | Sabache Camp Activities | Samburu Lodges and Camps
Sabache Camp is a traditional African bush camp located on the foothills of the sacred O’lolokwe Mountain in Samburu Land with beautiful views of the Matthews Ranges. The camp borders both Namunyak and Kalama conservancies which are both 15-minute drive away.
Sabache meaning ‘A Place of Beauty and Reverence’ in the Maa Samburu language is located on a private wildlife reserve and conservancy owned and operated by an indigenous Samburu tribe. The camp is approximately 340 km from Nairobi and 37 km from Archers post. It’ a 20-minute drive from the camp to Samburu Game Reserve – approximately 11 km.
Sabache has Private traditional 8 safari-style tented tents (with tree-shaded decks, hand-crafted log furniture, and natural stonework), a campground and a mobile tented camp for overnight walking or camel safaris.
There is one small-group/ family room with kitchenette that sleeps 10, one small-group/ family room that sleeps 6-8, and one that sleeps 6 with 2 separate safari tents under one Makuti roof. Each tent has solar power, hot showers, flush toilets and private stone verandas with stunning mountain views.
Sabache Camp features the Elephant Walk restaurant which serves fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs from our community garden, local free-range chickens supply our eggs meat and local organic dairy using the highest processing standards.
The camp restaurant also provide you with cuisine that includes traditional African and safari fare to international specialties such as French pastries, regional Italian specialties, Indian curries, and an array of menus from around the globe.
Meals can be served under the stars by the campfire, on your private veranda, a safari picnic, or in The Elephant Walk restaurant. Guests join friends at The Flying Rhino pub for refreshments, including a variety of cold sodas, cocktails, and bottled water.
Sabache Camp Activities include: sundowners, a picnic breakfast on a mountain ledge at daybreak, explore the mountain trails where you can often see the rare Grevy zebra, gerenuk, oryx, or watch the incredible feat of elephants ascending the mountain trails on their knees and bellies, Visit the natural springs at the summit or the nearby “Singing Wells” and cultural village visit
Guest can also visit the National Reserves (Samburu, Buffalo Springs, and Shaba ), or a day safari to Reteti Elephant Rescue Center or the Sera Rhino Sanctuary.
Sabache Camp Samburu Accommodation Prices
Sabache Camp Samburu Accommodation Prices Per Night Include
Full board Accommodation + unlimited tea and coffee & fireside snacks
Single (1 Guest)
Double (2 Guests)
|5,500 Kenya Shillings||9,000 Kenya Shillings|
|80 US Dollars
130 US Dollars
* Firewood available on site
* Camping is also available at the summit
* Tent rental – 500 Kenya Shillings per night
* Sleeping bag – 300 Kenya Shillings per night
* Meal package at 1000 Kenya Shillings per person
* Donkey porters – 10,000 Kenya Shillings per day
* Porters – 1,000 Kenya Shillings per porter per day
* Special requirements and fees apply for use of kitchen
* Full Board rates exclude bar, personal items, and conservation fees
* Hiking Sabache-O’lolokwe – 1,500 Kenya Shillings per person (guide included)
* Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Area conservation fee – (residents – 1,000 Kenya Shillings) & (non – resident- 1, 500 Kenya Shillings)
* Self-catering (Cool box available upon request. On-site outfitting rental shop available for those needing camping supplies such as tents, sleeping bags, or other gear. Water and firewood) available on site