Salt Lick Safari Lodge | Sarova Salt Lick Lodge Taita Hills | Salt Lick Safari Lodge Location | Salt Lick Safari Lodge Rates | Sarova Salt Lick Lodge | Salt Lick Safari Lodge | Salt Lick Lodge Taita Hills | Salt Lick Lodge Tsavo West | Salt Lick Lodge | Tsavo West Accommodation | Tsavo West Luxury Lodges | Tsavo East Safari Lodges | Tsavo East National Park Accommodation | Tsavo West Hotels Lodges Camps
Salt Lick Game Lodge is a 4-star safari accommodation located within the 28,000 acres Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary overlooking a waterhole and the vast Tsavo plains. The lodge is situated at the foot of the Taita Hills adjacent to Tsavo West National Park.
Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary is a 3-hour drive from Mombasa and a 6-hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. An hour flight from Nairobi or 30 mins from Mombasa by private charter lands at the Lodge’s own airstrip.
The lodge has 96 unique rooms, all elevated on stilts and built across two levels, with ensuite bathrooms with permanent showers and WC, and running hot and cold water. We can accommodate you in these rooms at three levels with double, twin or triple beds depending on your preferred occupancy.
The rooms are designed in circular structures linked with walkways with thin bamboo railings. Each is tastefully fitted with coffee and tea maker, wardrobes, digital safe, fan and work desk. The bathrooms are en-suite and outlet for plugging in shavers.
The onsite restaurant is elevated like the other buildings in the lodge and serves Pan-African, Pan-European and Pan-Asian cuisines. Guests can dine in the elegant dining area or outside dining in the bush overlooking the Taita Hills.
The bar; Vura Bar Lounge has a shaded terrace with spectacular views of the main waterhole and surrounding grasslands. This is an ideal place to relax and have cocktail or coffee while watching the wildlife below.
There is an underground tunnel and bunker with ground level windows provides unbelievably close yet safe access to a variety of animals as they drink. The lodge is naturally ideal exotic wedding flavored with the culture and traditions of the Taita.
Details like venue decoration, marriage license, certificate, beads and handicraft, flowers, music, dance and photography are well taken care of by the hotel. The Tulia wellness tent offers a variety of body treatments including Swedish, aromatherapy and Ayurveda.
A beautiful free form swimming pool is open all day at the sister property Taita Hills Safari Resort & Spa located nearby.
Salt Lick Game Lodge activities include; day game drives, walking safari, wildlife talks, traditional music & dance, day out with ranger, sundowners/bush dining, night game drives and local village visits.
Salt Lick Safari Lodge Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Salt Lick Safari Lodge Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Single Room
3rd Jan 2021
|6th Apr 2021||170 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||330 US Dollars|
7th Apr 2021
|30th Jun 2021||110 US Dollars||210 US Dollars||
270 US Dollars
1st Jul 2021
|22nd Dec 2021||170 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||
330 US Dollars
23rd Dec 2021
|2nd Jan 2022||260 US Dollars||340 US Dollars||440 US Dollars|
* Child aged 0 – 2.99 Years sharing with adult/ s – No Charge
* Over 12 Years – 16 Years sharing with 1 or 2 adults, each child pays 75% of the applicable per person adult double room rate
* Over 3 years up to 11.99 Years sharing with 1 or 2 adults – each child pays 50% of the applicable per person adult double room rate
* Conservation fees at Sarova Salt Lick/ Taita Hills Game Lodge – 35 US Dollars Per person per night in the Low Season and 45 US Dollars per person in High Season
Salt Lick Safari Lodge Facilities
* The restaurant has a capacity of 150 people
* Cuisine includes Pan-African, Pan-European and Pan-Asian. The Salad buffet has a wide variety of salads using the freshest ingredients and herbs
* Salt Lick Safari Lodge excels in the freshness and quality of its food which is supported by the vegetable and herb garden located at Taita Hills Safari Resort nearby
* The Dessert buffet has a selection of mouthwatering desserts. Vegetarian dishes are always available, and guests with any special dietary requirements are also catered for
* Salt Lick Safari Lodge Bura Restaurant is the main restaurant overlooking the watering holes, serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with live cooking counters preparing specialty dishes
* Salt Lick Safari Lodge Bar and adjoining shaded terrace above the Bura Restaurant provides spectacular views of the main waterhole and surrounding grasslands, and is the perfect place to relax and have your favorite cocktail or coffee while watching the wildlife below
* The Breakfast includes live cooking against the backdrop of the Taita Hills and grassy plains of the Sanctuary
* Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge champagne Breakfast is a unique experience of dining in the wilderness on a sumptuous breakfast accompanied with champagne
* Salt Lick Safari Lodge beautiful landscape sets the backdrop for a bush dinner at Kudu Point, the highest location in the Sanctuary
* Spectacular sunsets and magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro – weather permitting – compliment a truly unique experience as you sip sundowners and experience a barbeque in the wild, accompanied by a trio of local musicians