Sand River Masai Mara Camp | Sand River Masai Mara | Hotel Sand River Masai Mara | Sand River Masai Mara Camp | Ololaimutiek Elewana Sand River Camp | Sand River Masai Mara Rates | Sand River Camp | Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camps | Masai Mara Safari Lodges | Masai Mara Luxury Accommodation | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Camps | Elewana Sand River Masai Mara | Sand Rive Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Hotels Lodges & Camps
Sand River Masai Mara Camp is a luxury tented camp located alongside the banks of the Sand river, close to the border of the Serengeti National Park. The camp lies within the Masai Mara National Reserve on the most northerly route of the spectacular Annual Migration.
The camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 250 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time take about 45 minutes. Schedule flights land at Keekorok Airstrip which is 15 minutes game drive to the camp
Sand River Masai Mara Camp replicates the heyday of exclusive permanent tented camps of the late 1920’s. The interior fixtures and furnishings mirror this period perfectly, reminding all who visit of those countless Hollywood movies that have paid homage to a classic era of African adventure.
Sand River Masai Mara comprises of 16-tented accommodations – including 1 family tent – each divided into two separate but adjoining campsites, with each area possessing its own designated dining and public areas, thereby creating an increased sense of exclusivity and privacy.
Each tent features a 4-poster bed, armchair, wooden chest, bedside tables and lamps, full-length mirror and bench. The sitting area features a coffee table, sofa and writing desk, and the en-suite bathroom is tastefully designed with free-standing bathtub, dual-sink vanity, mirror, shelf, towel racks, cabinets under the vanity and separate outdoor shower.
The elegantly furnished communal lounge is perfectly positioned with picturesque Mara plains, which are dotted with game and twittering with birdlife. Guests can take a rest over a shaded chair on the deck and page lazily through a book from the well-stocked library or sip a chilled vintage from the superbly stocked wine cellar.
As the guests relax, they may partake in the game of billiards, cool off in the outdoor pool or interact with other guests.
The wildlife of the Masai Mara is world-renowned, with the so-called “Big Five”- buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion and rhinoceros – evident throughout the year. The “Big Nine” – including cheetah, zebra, giraffe and hippo – extends this experience.
Sand River Masai Mara Camp activities include; Swimming, bush breakfasts, bird watching, hot air balloon Safaris, game drives, Maasai village visits and sundowners.
Sand River Masai Mara Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Sand River Masai Mara Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation(all meals and drinks on property), (excluding champagne, private cellar wines and spirits) + Laundry + Service charge + Catering levy & Value added tax
|Dates To||Single Room
5th Jan 2021
|31st Mar 2021||750 US Dollars||1,070 US Dollars||1,280 US Dollars||2,150 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2021||31st May 2021||600 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||950 US Dollars||
1,650 US Dollars
1st Jun 2021
|30th Jun 2021||750 US Dollars||1,070 US Dollars||1,280 US Dollars||2,150 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2021||31st Oct 2021||900 US Dollars||1,250 US Dollars||1,400 US Dollars||
2,500 US Dollars
1st Nov 2021
|19th Dec 2021||750 US Dollars||1,070 US Dollars||1,280 US Dollars||2,150 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2021||4th Jan 2022||900 US Dollars||1,250 US Dollars||1,400 US Dollars||
2,500 US Dollars
* Family Tent occupancy – 5 Guests (3 Adults + 2 Children)
* Children under 12 sharing with adults – child free of charge
* Child aged 12-17 years sharing with 2 adults Triple rate applies
* Children aged 12-17 years sharing with 1 adult 50% of the Adult Sharing Rate
* Masai Mara National Reserve Fee – Adult 70 US Dollars & Child – 40 US Dollars
* In Mid and Green Seasons 1 Night & In High Season 2 Nights minimum booking
* 8 Days 7 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Meru Laikipia Masai Mara Package | Click Here
* Children aged 12-17 years in their own room (2 minimum) 75% of the Adult Sharing Rate
* Shared, Scheduled Game Drives 105 US Dollars per person
* Picnic Lunch Box – 32 US Dollars per person including children
* Exclusive use of a Safari Vehicle with Driver Guide 420 US Dollars
* Masai Cultural Visit – 44 US Dollars per person including children
* Extra Lunch at Property – adult 47 US Dollars & Child 42 US Dollars
* Sundowners ( Minimum 2 Guests) – Adult 68 US Dollars & child 42 US Dollars
* Bush Breakfast (minimum 2 Guests)- Adult 68 US Dollars & child 42 US Dollars