Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion | Zanzibar Slave Route Tour | Slave Routes Zanzibar Tours | Zanzibar Slave Route Zanzibar Slave Route Day Tour | Slave Trade Tour Zanzibar | Slave Route Day Tour | Half Day Zanzibar Slave Route | East African Slave Trade Zanzibar Town Tour Tanzania
Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion is a histoical guided tour which includes a visit to Zanzibar slave trading places.
This is a guided excursion that will take you back to the 16th century when Zanzibar was a commercial empire.
The tour includes a walk through the caves at Mangapwani, where slaves were kept awaiting their fate, see the Dhow Harbor where slave ships arrived with their human cargo and the Anglican Church, built on the site of the old slave market.
Until slavery was abolished in Zanzibar in the 19th century, the island played an important role in the Arab slave trade. See some of the historical sites involved in the slave trade on a 3-hour guided tour.
The excursion begins with a pick-up from your hotel to the Dhow Harbor, where slave ships brought their human cargo from Bagamoyo to Zanzibar. You will walking along the alleys of Stone Town to the house of former trader Tippu Tip.
Then proceed to biggest market at Mkunazini (Stone Town) where slaves were cruelty whipped before being auctioned.
While in Stone town, you’ll see the Anglican Church, which stands on the site of the island’s largest slave market. You will also visit the house of the good slaves friend Dr. David Livingstone who campaigned for the abolition of slavery which marked its end in 1873.
From Stone Town you’ll be driven to Mbweni to visit Mbweni Ruins, where 99 necked enslaved women were entertaining the Arab Sultan of Zanzibar (1870-1888) in the luxurious palace.
The last stop is at Mangapwani chamber where slaves were kept waiting for monsoon winded boats to fetch them and to be exiled.
Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion Prices
Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion Prices include:
Bottle Water + Transport by air-conditioned mini-van + Professional English speaking guides + Entrance fees to museums, parks, and spice farms & Hotel pick-up and drop off from stone town hotels (transfers from hotels out of stone town are available on request at an additional costs
|January 2021 to 31st December 2021||Price Per Person|
|Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion||Request for rates|
* It’s recommended that you wear long pants and comfortable, closed walking or hiking shoes
* The tour begins at 0900 Hours to 1200 Hours or 1330 Hours to 1630 Hours (time flexible please inquire)
* Please note that you should dress conservatively during this tour. When walking through Stone Town, women should wear long skirts or trousers and cover their shoulders
Slave Trade Routes Zanzibar Half Day Excursion Prices Exclude:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)