Mara Toto Camp Masai Mara North Conservancy is an exclusive seasonal camp set just inside the northern boundary of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, on the forested bends of the Ntiakitiak River on the border of the Olare Orok & Mara North Conservancies
Mara Toto Camp is situated along the bank of the Ntiakitiak River, where the thick forest meets savannah and offers a perfect blend of comfort, adventure, and intimacy in Mara North Conservancy (on the border of Kenya’s famous Masai Mara Reserve).
The camp is just a few kilometers from its sister camp, Mara Plains. Here, you will experience the best of both worlds: the intense action of the Maasai Mara ecosystem, as well as the more private 70,000-acre Mara North Conservancy.
The camp itself consists of four custom-designed tents (sleeps 8 guests) of light-colored flowing canvas open on the horizontal side with canopied ceilings. Set at ground level, and shaded by the riverine forest. En-suite facilities including flush loos, bucket showers, and tapped hot/cold water ensure utter comfort along with 24-Hour electricity, fine dining, and exceptional hospitality.
Each of the tents is decorated with a nod to the style of early exploration and discovery – an eclectic yet coordinated assembly of what early travelers may have carried – items such as brass chandeliers, old Indian chests, and local natural materials – hand-picked by us at markets throughout Africa.
The camp is ideal for families, or small parties, explorers, adventurers, and photographers and is only open for select months of the year (June – October).
Children from 6 years are welcome. Families will be joined by other guests on all scheduled game-viewing activities. Private game drive vehicle hire is not available at this camp.
The camp is fully inclusive of all scheduled wildlife viewing activities, meals, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including imported spirits and champagne. Park fees and flights are additional. Complimentary WiFi is available for guests’ use in their tent.
Mara Toto Camp activities include early morning and late afternoon/ early evening game drives in open 4×4 vehicles. Balloon flights across the Maasai Mara Reserve can be arranged but are at an additional cost. Visits to Maasai bomas and local school and community projects are possible and offer incredible insight into the region’s colorful people.
Mara Toto Camp Masai Mara North Conservancy Non-Resident Accommodation prices
Mara Toto Camp Masai Mara North Conservancy Non-Residents Accommodation Rates;
Fully inclusive of accommodation + Scheduled activities in the Maasai Mara National Reserve and Mara North Conservancy + All meals + Laundry + Return Ol Kiombo airstrip road transfers + Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages including premium beverages
|Dates To||Single Room
11th Jan 2023
|12th Apr 2023||Request for Rates||Request for Rates||Request for Rates|
|13th Apr 2023||14th Jun 2023||1,000 US Dollars||1,350 US Dollars||
340 US Dollars
15th Jun 2023
|31st Oct 2023||1,500 US Dollars||2,000 US Dollars||500 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||15th Nov 2023||1,000 US Dollars||1,350 US Dollars||
340 US Dollars
16th Nov 2023
|10th Jan 2024||Request for Rates||Request for Rates||
Request for Rates
* Minimum 2-night stay
* Late check-outs are not available
* Children are accommodated from a minimum age of 6 years
* Photos will be downloaded to a memory stick on the guest’s departure
* Maasai Mara National Reserve fee is subject to change without prior notice
* Nightly rates include the services of a private game drive vehicle and guide
* Child rates are applicable for up to one child aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in a suite
* There are two separate 2-Bedroom Family Suites which each sleep 3 adults sharing or 2 adults and 2 children
* The Maasai Mara National Reserve and Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy is applicable to all private pilot/guide stays
* Each guest suite includes one pair of high-quality binoculars and a professional camera set, including a camera body and 100-400mm and 24-70mm lenses for guests’ complimentary use
* Activities of canoeing and walking will cater to family ability & safety. Some activities may have a specific age-related restriction – please refer to the general notes at the end of this manual
Non-Resident Accommodation Exclude:
* Tips and gratuities
* All items of personal nature
* Any other item(s) not included or mentioned
* Hot air ballooning which should be booked in advance
* Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees
* Maasai cultural visits – 20 US Dollars per person paid directly to Maasai
* Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy – 50 US Dollars per person per night – Not Included
* Maasai Mara National Reserve fee – 80 US Dollars per adult per night & 45 US Dollars per child (06-15 years) – Not Included