Dodos Folly Tower Hippo Point | Dodos Folly Tower Luxury Retreat Naivasha | Hippo Point Wildlife Sanctuary | Hippo Camp Naivasha | Lake Naivasha campsites | Naivasha Hotels | Africa Unusual Hotels | Naivasha Luxury Accommodation | Hippo Point House Naivasha | Lake Naivasha Accommodation | Dodos Tower Naivasha Hotel | Dodo’s Tower Naivasha Resort
Dodos Folly Tower Hippo Point is a luxurious eight-story 120-foot Tower situated in Hippo Point an exclusive private wildlife conservancy sitting on an isthmus between Lake Naivasha and Lake Oloidien.
It was custom-built by Dodo Cunningham-Reid and still used as the family’s second home. The tower can accommodate up to 9 guests and is suitable for families, VIP’s and Honeymoon couples anytime of the year.
The top of the tower provides a 360-degree observation lookout with breathtaking views over Oloidien Bay and follow at eagle-eye level the movements of the hippos, giraffe and zebra grazing at the foot of the Tower
The floor below the top tower is a minaret-style meditation room, furnished with big cushions and a surround view. The middle tiers of the tower offer 4 en-suite bedrooms with meditative lookout, crisp Russian linens and covered verandas.
Down spiral stairs is a single en-suite guestroom, mahogany paneled lounge, drawing room, dining room, kitchen and spacious living room with incredible balcony.
There is an outdoor pool, spa and an onsite restaurant that prepares fresh meals from the organic garden. Activities include game walks, bike rides, skiing and horse riding.
Offsite activities include hiking through a hot spring gorge, climbing an extinct volcano, visiting Rhino sanctuary, bird watching by boat, longer horseback rides, visits to Hells Gate National Park and Nakuru National Park.
Dodos Folly Tower Hippo Point Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
2021 Dodos Folly Tower Hippo Point Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation (all meals) + Soft Drink, house wines selection of non-luxury spirits, beer + Conservation Fees + Game Drives on the conservancy + Guided walks + Bird watching + Hiking + Game Tracking + Sun downers by the lake shores + Bush Picnics + Visit to the weaver, pottery, farm shops around Naivasha + Visits the local flower farm + Use of the Swimming Pool + Laundry & Value Added Tax
Adult Per Person Per Night (Minimum 2 Nights)
650 US Dollars
* No Children under 12 years
* Parked lunch is 25 US Dollars per lunch
* Late out after 11 am – 50 US Dollars per Person
* Any late departure after 3 pm with an extra lunch is 100 US Dollars Person
* If guests then need to leave at 5 or 6 pm – 50% of day accommodation is charged
* Minimum 3 nights stay & Sole use of the tower on – 24th, 25th & 26th December or New Year – 30th, 31st & 1st January
* If clients arrive after lunch, no charge or late departure or extra lunch on the last day up to 3 pm after 3 pm 50% of daily rate will be be charged
Dodos Folly Tower Hippo Point Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Exclude;
* Personal Insurance
* Boat trip – 40 US Dollars
* Champagne, cellar wines and luxury top shelf spirits
* Morning horseback ride and bush breakfast or afternoon horse ride and sun-downer- 1 hour- 45 US Dollars per person & 2 hours 70 US Dollars Per person