Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum is for those who love sightseeing on foot. Get to see the daily life and meet locals from Kampala’s largest slum on this 4-hour walking tour of Kampala.
With an expert guide leading the way, stroll through the bustling streets and discover the Ugandan capital through the eyes of a local.
Visit the Ugandan Parliament building, peruse the stalls at two city markets, admire the elaborate architecture of Kampala Hindu Temple, Lubiri Palace and Uganda National Mosque, and hear the heartrending stories of residents from the Kisenyi slum.
Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum Highlights
* 4-hour walking tour of Kampala and the Kisenyi slum
* Visit the Ugandan Parliament building and discover how the country achieved independence
* Learn about Slum Aid Project and their efforts to improve the lives of those in Kampala’s slums
* See Lubiri Palace and enjoy panoramic city vistas from the top of the Uganda National Mosque
* Wander through Kampala’s streets and visit local spots such as Nakasero Market and the Old Taxi Park
* Explore the Kisenyi slum and hear heartrending stories from the residents about how they came to live there
Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum Itinerary
0800 Hours: After breakfast at your hotel/ residence we pick you up and transfer you to our starting point. You will follow your guide on foot through the Ugandan capital’s bustling streets.
Your first stop will be outside the Ugandan Parliament building. Here, listen to your guide share stories of how the country gained its independence.
Next, walk with your guide to Nakasero Market. Soak up the vibrant atmosphere as you stroll from stall to stall, admiring the kaleidoscopic array of fresh produce.
Then, be amazed by the chaotic sea of vehicles at the Old Taxi Park and see the elaborate Kampala Hindu Temple before browsing the colorful bundles of secondhand clothing at Owino Market.
From here, continue to the Kisenyi slum. As you are escorted through the slum by a volunteer from the Slum Aid Project, hear stories of struggle from the refugees and street children, and find out how the project’s sustainable contributions are improving the lives of local families in Kampala’s slums.
After learning about the challenges of the capital’s poorest and often most vulnerable inhabitants, return to the minivan that transported you into the city and travel to Lubiri Palace.
On arrival, take in the royal residence’s impressive architecture and listen to your guide share stories of the Buganda kingdom. Then, hop back inside your minivan and journey to Uganda National Mosque.
This magnificent monument was formerly known as the Gaddafi National Mosque and can seat more than 15,000 people. Follow your guide inside and then climb to the mosque’s highest accessible point for spectacular views of the city.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum Prices
Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum Rates Includes:
Lunch + Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum + Pick-up from your hotel in Kampala and drop-off to your hotel + All park entry fees, service charge and taxes where applicable & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2022||31st December 2022||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Duration: 4 Hours
* Camera, sunscreen, backpack, phone, money belt, notebook, money for souvenirs or tips
* Comfortable walking shoes, sunhat, lightweight jacket or umbrella during the rainy season
* A dress code is required to enter places of worship. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
* You are welcome to bring your map or guidebook, but our informative guides will be on hand to answer your every question
Kampala City Walking Tour Kisenyi Slum Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)