Saruni Rhino Camp Sera Community Conservancy | Saruni Luxury Villas | Saruni Safari Lodge Samburu | Saruni Samburu Luxury Lodge Kenya | Flights to Saruni Rhino Camp | Saruni Rhino Camp location | Saruni Rhino Camp| Saruni Rhino Camp Rates | Saruni Samburu Camp | Saruni Rhino Camp Accommodation Prices | Samburu Luxury Lodges |Sera Community Conservancy | Saruni Lodges & Camps | Saruni Rhino Airstrip | Samburu Accommodation
Saruni Rhino Camp is an intimate Luxury 3 ‘banda’ lodge inside the remote 350,000-hectare Sera Community Conservancy in northern Kenya. This unique lodge is a little over 2 hours’ drive from Saruni Samburu lodge in nearby Kalama Conservancy.
The rustic stone cottages is situated on the edge of a doum palm-lined ‘lugga’, a dry river bed, a half hour’ drive from the first of its kind in East Africa. Scheduled flights land at Kalama airstrip in Kalama Conservancy, the same airstrip is 2 hour’s drive away while Charter flights land at Kauro airstrip, a 5 mins’ drive from camp.
Saruni Rhino offers the first rhino tracking experience in East Africa: an amazing walking safari that provides a uniquely thrilling adventure, but also allows our guests to actively contribute to the protection of this iconic species. Herds of elephants populate this vast landscape, offering also amazing bird watching and cultural experiences with the “singing wells”.
Saruni Rhino Camp consists of stone-and-thatch structures situated overlooking both river bed and waterhole. The Lodge sleeps 8 guests in three bandas. Bandas 1 and 2 come with twin beds that can be combined to make a double. a bathroom with shower, mirrors, twin basins, hot water and flush-toilet. Both bedrooms in the family-sized banda are en-suite.
Banda 3 is a 2-bedroom, family-sized has four twin beds that can also be reconfigured according to the individual needs of each party. The beds are comfortable and covered in traditional print, sofas and rugs, and outside tables and chairs.
Please be aware that Wi-Fi is non-existent and cell-phone coverage unreliable; the solar power is sufficient for batteries, but not for appliances such as hairdryers.
Saruni Rhino provides the Sera Conservancy with a vital source of commercial income and is a tourism partner of the Samburu community. As a result, Saruni Rhino is the only company to operate black rhino tracking in East Africa, and the income generated gives the community a financial incentive to continue the conservation project’s fantastic work.
Sera conservancy provides further plentiful wildlife opportunities and experiences; game drives to spot the Samburu specials (oryx, gerenuk, ostrich, Grevy’s Zebra, reticulated giraffe), buffalo, elephants, antelope and a plethora of birdlife.
Sera is also home to The Fifty Wells, ‘Kisima Hamsini’, a series of (50!) springs where local pastoralists take their livestock to water, digging up water from the wells to fill up holders and troughs.
Saruni Rhino Camp activities include: rhino tracking, wildlife drives, guided walks on the lugga, and trips to perennial springs to view the massive flocks of sandgrouse & visit to the Fifty Wells.
Saruni Samburu Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Includes
Full board accommodation + Soft drinks, beer & house wine + Non-luxury spirits + Samburu Airstrip transfers + Shared Day & Night game drives + Guided bush walks + Transfers for Cultural visits + Bush meals & Sun downers + One complimentary Massage per room + Special courses in bush skills and Laundry Service
|Dates To||Single Room
6th Jan 2021
|30th Jun 2021||680 US Dollars||1,150 US Dollars||300 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2021||30th Sep 2021||830 US Dollars||1,920 US Dollars||
370 US Dollars
1st Oct 2021
|19th Dec 2021||680 US Dollars||1,150 US Dollars||300 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2021||5th Jan 2022||830 US Dollars||1,920 US Dollars||
370 US Dollars
* Request for resident Prices
* Children under the age of 5 stay for free when sharing with parents/ adults
* 8 Days 7 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Samburu Mara Saruni Lodges | Click Here
* 2 to 3 children under 16 years sharing a family villa with 2 adults will each be charged at 50% of the adult rate
* 2 Children in own room (not a family suite) will each be charged at 75% of the adult price per person per night
* 1 or 2 children under 16 years sharing room with 1 adult will each be charged at 50% of the adult price per person per night
* All guests travelling to Saruni must have comprehensive travel insurance, medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage
* Generally check-in time is 1100 hours and we ask that guests check-out by 1000 Hours to create time to prepare rooms for incoming guests
* All children are the responsibility of their parents, child minder or ayahs can be organized upon request for 20 US Dollars per hour. Ayah accommodation is subject to availability at the rate of 100 US Dollars per day in guest’s room
Saruni Rhino Camp Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Excludes:
* Additional Massage or Spa Treatment
* Extra Lunch Per person is 30 US Dollars
* All statutory increases beyond our control
* Gratuity to staff & guide and anything personal
* Exclusive use of vehicle 350 US Dollars Per Day
* Entry fee to cultural visits Any payable extra activity
* Transport & entry fees for Reteti Elephant Sanctuary
* Premium drinks/ Champagne, luxury Spirits and Selected Wines
* Late departure fees – Adult (150 US Dollars) and Child (75 US Dollars)
* Conservation fees/ Park Entry Fee – 116 US Dollars for Adult and 58 US Dollars per day children under 16 years