Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour Jambiani Village Trip | Cultural day Tours in Zanzibar | Jambiani Cultural Village Tour Zanzibar | Cultural Day Tour Zanzibar Jambiani Village | Zanzibar Day Trips City Tours | Zanzibar Stone Town Tours | Zanzibar Culture Traditions | Zanzibar Day Excursions | Zanzibar Activities | Zanzibar Day Tours | Zanzibar East Coast Tours
Zanzibar cultural day tour Jambiani village trip is a cultural tour the Swahili village of Jambiani. It can be hard to tear yourself away from the gently lapping waves and soft white sands of eastern Zanzibar, but this coastline is more than just somewhere to relax: for thousands of local residents it represents their entire livelihood.
Jambiani, stretching for three-and-a-half miles along one of the island’s most picturesque beaches, is one such village. A tour of this community will offer you a fascinating insight into the daily life and work of its 6,000 residents.
This tour has been operating for many years in the village, and a large percentage of profits are ploughed back into community-development initiatives. The guides have an excellent reputation among the villagers, and this translates into meaningful interactions and genuine exchanges.
Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour Jambiani Village Trip Highlights
The tour is planned in cooperation with the village and includes the following places of interest within the village:
* Visit a local House
* Visit a seaweed farm
* Enjoy a delicious traditional swahili lunch
* Learn about Swahili Zanzibar handicrafts
* Visit a school and/ or health clinic meet a doctor
* Meet locals and experience the village life by visiting fishermen & women groups
* Visit a traditional Healer/ herbalist who will show you the local medicines, herbs and their uses
Depending on your enthusiasm and heat tolerance, Zanzibar cultural day tour Jambiani village trip last anything from a few hours to the best part of a day.
The tour includes many aspects of everyday life; their culture, traditions and customs. You will visit women’s pottery and handicrafts group, sea weed farming, local school, local herbs doctor and a local clinic.
The village guide will take you to a woman who will show you the process of making rope from coconut fiber. Make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant where you will taste authentic Zanzibar cuisine, seasoned with many spices and herbs.
There is also a possibility to visit a soap factory that uses the local seaweed as the main ingredient for their soaps. African Spice Safaris contributes to the development of the village by making payments to the locals for the tour.
Direct donations are not allowed in the village but you can donate some money, drugs, and hospital supplies to the village clinic. School materials like pens and pencils, books, etc can be delivered directly to the schools.
Meals included: Lunch is included in your tour
Duration of excursion: This trip will generally last half a day, ending with lunch
Start location: We will arrange for you to be collected from your hotel in Zanzibar
End location: We will arrange for you to be dropped back at your hotel after the tour
Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour Jambiani Village Trip Prices
Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour Jambiani Village Trip Rates Includes:
Local Lunch at the village + Professional English speaking guides + A comprehensive cultural tour of the Swahili village of Jambiani & Pickup from your hotel in Zanzibar and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2022||31st December 2022||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour can depart any day of the week upon reservation
* Your participation on this tour directly contributes to the development of the village which helps the locals for education, health etc
* Kindly do not give any donations directly to an individual however, you can bring school supplies like pencils, pens, books, toys or hospital supplies and donate directly to these institutions while visiting them
Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour Jambiani Village Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of one person required
* Tips or gratuity for your local guide and driver-guide
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)