2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday | 2 Days Lake Kivu Weekend Break | Lake Kivu Rwanda Romantic Getaways
2 Day Kigali Getaway | Kigali Rwanda Weekend Getaways | Short Overnight Kigali Holidays | 1 Night 2 Days Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday
2 Day Lake Kivu Beach Holiday | Lake Kivu Gisenyi Tour | Lake Kivu Rubavu | Lake Kivu Beach Relaxation | Rwanda Beach Holiday
2 Days Visit Lake Kivu Tour Rwanda | Lake Kivu Beach Hotels Rwanda | Kigali 2 Day Tours | Short Kigali city Break
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday is perfect for anyone looking to relax and get away from it all. So whether you’re on your own, a couple or with a family, our overnight visit to Lake Kivu is the best way to experience Rwanda’s largest Lake and the sixth largest lake in Africa.
Lake Kivu’s 3 main towns are roughly 3 to 4 hours drive apart from each other. These are Gisenyi (Rubavu), Kibuye (Karongi) and Cyangugu (Rusizi). The tour begins with a drive from Kigali to Gisenyi – known for its beautiful Lake Kivu.
The drive goes through beautiful hills covered with pine trees, eucalyptus and other tropical trees, through beautiful roads, past villages that allow you to peek into Rwandan country life.
You will see serene-looking farmlands, colourfully dressed women and frolicking kids, women carrying the famous Rwandan baskets with utmost ease on their heads, men carrying pots, village market places etc.
We visit Gisenyi (also referred to by its new name Rubavu) the largest city on the shores of Lake Kivu which spread over several hills on the northern edge of Lake Kivu.
Some of our favourite places to stay, around the area of Lake Kivu, include Luxury Lake Kivu Serena Hotel, Palm Beach Resort, Inzozi Beach Hotel etc. Ask us for more details of what’s where, and what’s likely to suit you best! Visit Lake Kivu to relax, explore and have fun while you are in Gisenyi!
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday Optional activities
* Relax and Chillout – Lake Kivu: Lake Kivu is the perfect place to just be instead of doing, the relax, read a book, enjoy the tropical sun, the splendid views of the Lake, the Islands, the Mountains, fishing boats, the smell of the water, the light breeze
* Swimming in Lake Kivu – Rwanda: Swim in the Lake. There are no hippos, crocodiles and no Bilharzia found in Lake Kivu making it the perfect lake in Africa to swim in. The temperature at the Lake is just right and the water is not too cold-perfect to dive in get refreshed
* Water Sports on Lake Kivu – Sailing, Wind-Surfing, Kayaking, Motor Boats & Fishing: There are lots of water sports to indulge in on Lake Kivu, from paddling to one of the explorable island to sailing across this beautiful lake are activities that are most enjoyable for most
* Hiking and Biking – Around and near Lake Kivu: Lake Kivu is the perfect location for 1/2 day or full day longer hikes – nature walks and bike rides. This includes venturing out on the newly developed Nile-Congo Trail where you can hike or bike along
* From Crop to a Cup of Coffee Tour – Lake Kivu: The half day excursion includes a boat ride on Lake Kivu to Nyamirundi Island where you learn and take part in the process of seeing the coffee process from crop to cup.
* Rosamond Carr Imbabazi Orphanage – Lake Kivu: Imbabazi Orphanage was started Rosamond who lived for many years in the Mugongo area where she started a flower plantation/ that supplied hotels with fresh flowers from Kigali to locally. She was a very close friend of Dian Fossey. Stroll through the English Garden – Enjoy views of the Volcanoes
Safari Itinerary in Summary
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali City/ Airport and transfer to Lake Kivu Gisenyi (Rubavu) Town
Day 2: Gisenyi (Rubavu) City Tour – transfer to Kigali or airport for your onward flight
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Prices
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday Prices Include:
Boat ride + Visit the local fishing villages + Enjoy a City tour of Gisenyi/ Rubovu + Bottled mineral water while on safari + Service of an English speaking driver-guide + Return transportation from Kigali on a 4×4 safari vehicle & 1 Night Accommodation and meals (Lunch & Dinner) at your choice of hotel in Gisenyi
| Double Room
| Children Aged
2 to 12 Years
|1st January 2022
|31st December 2022
|Request for Prices
|Request for Prices
|Request for Prices
* Any of the above activities can be added to your visit to Gisenyi. Kindly confirm with African Spice Safaris what you would like to do and we shall send you an itinerary that includes your favourite activity and price for the tour as well
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday Prices Exclude:
* Visa Fees
* International Flights
* Expenses of personal nature such as; personal insurance, drinks, guide tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes
* Additional accommodation in Kigali before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for an extra cost