Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is a 4-star luxury safari hotel located within Amboseli National Park, which lies approximately 270 km from Nairobi via Emali and 280 km via Namanga town close to the Tanzanian border. The closest airport is Amboseli National Park Airstrip which is 11 km away.
By air, the lodge is only 35 minutes from Nairobi Wilson Airport and approximately 3.5 hours by road. Set against the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro and boasting views of the long stretch of the Savannah, Amboseli Serena Lodge is the perfect getaway place for relaxation and fun.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge has 92 guest rooms (twin rooms, double rooms, family rooms, and ol donyo Oibor suit) all designed with a Maasai theme. Featuring wall paintings of animals and trees, ornate lamps, a flat-screen TV, a center rug, a writing desk, a hairdryer, and an en suite bathroom.
Ol donyo Oibor suit is equally suited to be a presidential/CEO, honeymoon, or VIP venue, is spacious, and elegant, and enjoys a fabulous view of Kilimanjaro from its private balcony and rooftop terrace.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge has an on-site restaurant where guests can order a variety of dishes. Guests can partake in bush dinners and alfresco breakfasts while watching the sunrise over the mountain. There is a bar and lounge where guests can order a variety of beers, wines, and cocktails which can also be enjoyed over a fire pit.
There is also an on-site swimming pool where guests can take a swim after a game drives around the national park.
Amboseli National Park is home to large herds of elephants, wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, hyenas, gazelle, and impala. Cheetahs and lions are often seen, either hunting on the plains or at rest in the undergrowth. Over 400 bird species including 40 raptors have been recorded in Amboseli.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge activities include; game rides, sun-downers on the observation hill, Maasai dances, swimming, visits to Maasai village, bush dinners, camel rides, nature treks, tree planting, or just relaxing and staring for hours at the highest mountain in Africa (Mt Kilimanjaro).
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge Non-Residents Rates Per Night Includes;
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Oct 2023
|22nd Dec 2023||200 US Dollars||300 US Dollars||410 US Dollars|
|23rd Dec 2023||1st Jan 2024||260 US Dollars||370 US Dollars||
500 US Dollars
2nd Jan 2024
|31st Mar 2024||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2024||30th Jun 2024||160 US Dollars||310 US Dollars||
430 US Dollars
1st Jul 2024
|30th Sep 2024||350 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||660 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2024||22nd Dec 2024||260 US Dollars||370 US Dollars||
500 US Dollars
23rd Dec 2024
|1st Jan 2025||350 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||
660 US Dollars
* Extra meals 40 US Dollars per person
* Picnic Lunch 35 US Dollars per person
* No half-board reduction on the full-board meal plan
* Easter supplement 50 US Dollars per person per day
* Amboseli Family Room supplement 50 US Dollars per Room per day
* Young adults 13 to 17 years are charged 75% of the per person, the adult twin rate
* Children ages 3 to 12 years are charged 50% of the per person, adult twin rate
* Children in their own room are charged 75% of the per-person adult twin rate. Minimum 2 children in a room
* Christmas Surcharge: 45 US Dollars per person per night on 24th,25th,26th,31st Dec 2024 & 1st Jan 2025
* Children under 2 years sharing a room with an adult will be accommodated complimentary (maximum two). Whilst sharing a room with one or two adults
Suite Supplement Per Room Per Night (Family room at Amboseli is on a request basis)
* High Season – 2nd Jan 2024 To 31st Mar 2024 – 350 US Dollars
* Low Season – 1st Apr 2024 To 31st May 2024 – 250 US Dollars
* High Season – 1st Jun 2024 To 30th Jun 2024 – 350 US Dollars
* Peak Season – 1st Jul 2024 To 31st Oct 2024 – 350 US Dollars
* Mid-Season – 1st Nov 2024 To 22nd Dec 2024 – 250 US Dollars
* Peak Season – 23rd Dec 2024 To 1st Jan 2025 – 250 US Dollars
Extra Activities at an Extra Cost
* Bush Barbeque Lunch – 45 US Dollars
* Lunch only (Per person) – 45 US Dollars
* Cultural Talk (Per person) – 30 US Dollars
* Nature walk (Per person) – 35 US Dollars
* Bubbly Sundowner at observation hill – 65 US Dollars
* Bush Barbeque Dinner (Exclusive beverages) – 50 US Dollars
* Bush Barbeque Dinner (Inclusive beverages) – 65 US Dollars
* Bush Barbeque breakfast at observation hill – 60 US Dollars
* Traditional Dancers (Per group performance) – 280 US Dollars
* Game drive (Per person) – 120 US Dollars
* Day game drive (Per person) – 100 US Dollars
* Namanga transfer (Per vehicle each way) – 400 US Dollars
* Amboseli Airstrip transfer (Per person each way) – 50 US Dollars
* Emali Train Station transfer (Per person each way) – 100 US Dollars