AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas Tented Camp is a luxurious semi-permanent tented camp located in Serengeti, Tanzania, and moves within range of the Great Migration, bringing guests as close as possible to the wildebeest action, as well as exploring the magnificent resident game. The mobile camps move 5 times during the year, attempting to anticipate the movements of the Great Migration Serengeti airstrip nearest to the current position of the camps (Seronera, Ndutu, Grumeti, or Kogatende).
AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas Tented Camp usually has 9 tents including 1 family tent, His and her hot bucket showers, flush toilets; WI-FI in tents. This is the ultimate in luxury camping, complete with private butler service, chandeliers, silverware, crystal, an en-suite flush water closet, and comfortable beds with fluffy duvets.
There is usually a third camp to be found outside the Serengeti National Park, in Klein’s own safari area in the Loliondo Reserve in the northeast of the Serengeti. This is sometimes known as ‘Klein’s under Canvas’, and normally operates from June to around December.
There’s also a stylish dining and lounge tent, where you’ll be served using crystal glasses and silver. Expect excellent food. However, note that there’s no running water or electricity – but there are gas lamps dotted around the camp, and each tent has battery-operated lighting and a torch is supplied.
(There is a power outlet (220volts Alternate Current) in the vehicles which can be used to charge camera batteries.)
Serengeti Under Canvas camps within the Serengeti National Park concentrate on game drives, whilst the camp in Klein’s area of Loliondo also offers guided walking and night drives.
When camping within easy reach of the Seronera area, the team at the camp will usually assist in organizing a hot-air ballooning trip (at extra cost). Obviously, this is always subject to the camp being within reach of the launch site.
AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas camps are usually two located within the Serengeti National Park: these tend to be in the South of the Park from January to May, and then they move to the North of the National Park from June to December.
Activities at AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas Tented Camp include; a guided Great Migration experience; stargazing; Hot air ballooning; day trips to Olduvai Gorge and Shifting Sands (Seasonal)
Other Accommodation Options Available in Serengeti National Park | Click Here
AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas Tented Camp Accommodation Rates
AndBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas Tented Camp Accommodation Rates Include;
Accommodation on a Full Board Basis (3 meals daily) + soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas, and coffees & refreshments
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing||Double Room
11th Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||1,000 US Dollars||2,000 US Dollars||3,570 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||15th Jun 2023||590 US Dollars||1,170 US Dollars||
2,100 US Dollars
16th Jun 2023
|30th Sep 2023||1,000 US Dollars||2,000 US Dollars||3,570 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2023||20th Dec 2023||660 US Dollars||1,310 US Dollars||
2,300 US Dollars
21st Dec 2023
|10th Jan 2024||1,000 US Dollars||2,000 US Dollars||
3,570 US Dollars
* Minimum 2-night stay
* Single Supplement – 50% of the per-person rate
* Private vehicles are available at an additional cost and subject to availability
* Children aged 6 – 16 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults – 50% of the full adult rate
* Due to the nature of the camps, we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 6 years
* Serengeti Under Canvas cannot accommodate more than four children in-house at any given time
* Serengeti National Park Park fees for 6 Years – 15 Years are 48 US Dollars per person per 24 hours
* Children aged 6 – 16 years in own room – 1st child pay full adult rate, 2nd & 3rd child pay 50% of adult rate
* Private vehicles are available at an additional cost. Rates are per vehicle per day, from 6 am to 6 pm on the same day
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Camping fees
* Telephone Calls
* Administration fee
* Safari Shop purchases
* Scheduled Safari activities
* Tourism Development Levy
* Serengeti National Park Fees
* Refreshments on the game drive
* Transfers not stipulated above
* Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits, and cigars
* Transfer from designated Airstrip to Serengeti Under Canvas Camps