Angalia Tented Camp Mikumi National Park Tanzania
Angalia Tented Camp Mikumi National Park Tanzania is a pocket-friendly camp located in the green belt of Mikumi National Park, 4 hour drive from Dar es Salaam. The Camp is an oasis amidst bushes, plains, and savannas, surrounded by a thriving nature.
Mikumi has a savannah landscape dotted with acacias, baobabs, tamarinds, and palms is often compared with the Serengeti plains. It is easy to see elephants, zebras, hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, antelopes, buffalos, big cats such as lions and leopards, reptiles, and a variety of birds.
Angalia Tented Camp Mikumi National Park Tanzania has 5 charming charming bungalows perfectly integrated into the breathtaking landscape. All the constructions are built with makuti roof (palm leaf) and Tanga stone, commonly used in Tanzanian traditional constructions, and are equipped with individual bathrooms accessible from the interior.
Everything has been designed to comfortably enjoy wild nature. Each bungalow is en-suite and fitted with a seating area and verandah. Bar & Restaurant “BARAZANI” – The perfect place to relax with your favorite drink. If you prefer you can enjoy it at the campfire.
Try the Swahili dishes like pilau (rice with spices) or wali wa nazi (coconut rice). You will love discovering African cooking, but they’re is also great Mediterranean cuisine. The dishes are elaborated with fresh products from solitary farming projects.
Barazani is where the elders meet. It may be under a tree, but it is also what the Council of Ministers is called. It is also the living room of the Swahili homes. The bar offers a fine line of alcoholic concoctions, and the lounge is built for unwinding under the canopies.
This camp is an excellent option for all types of guests if you wish to stay within the Mikumi National Park near the Udzungwa Mountains, one of the famous African mountain peaks located in Tanzania.
Activities available from Angalia Tented Camp include; Hiking, Walking Safaris, Game drives, Bird watching, Picnicking, Camping, and Guided nature walks, you can also enjoy a refreshing swim in the natural pools of crystal clear water formed by the Sanje Falls.
Angalia Tented Camp Mikumi National Park Accommodation Rates
Angalia Tented Camp Mikumi National Park Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full Board Basis, Including hot dinner on the day of arrival, breakfast, and lunchboxes the following day. Drinks are not included.
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|31st Dec 2023||200 US Dollars||290 US Dollars||
440 US Dollars
* Drinks are not included
* Check out – Up to 10:00 am
* Please note there is no drivers accommodation, but they are invited to enjoy the three meals complimentarily
* Any food restrictions (vegetarians, allergies, intolerances, religious, etc ) should be communicated to us at least 24 hours before arrival
* We expect the guest’s arrival for dinner; if they are planning to arrive for lunch we will need to be informed at least 24 hours in advance
* Children under 3 years stay for free
* 1 child below 12 years sharing banda with parents
* 2 children below 12 years sharing banda with parents
Tips to prepare for the trip:
* Always use sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
* If you take any medication regularly you should bring all you are going to need during the trip
* Outside the hotels is not advisable to eat unpeeled fruit, salads, and vegetables that are not cooked
* It is advised to sleep always under the mosquito net and to use mosquito repellent, especially at dusk and sunrise
* Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, but remember that you cannot drink tap water. Consume only bottled or canned beverages without ice
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Park Fees
* Create fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the Camp
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Tourism Developments Levy
* Transfer to and from the Camp
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance