Apoka Safari Lodge Kidepo Valley Uganda | Apoka Safari Lodge Uganda | Apoka Safari Lodge Rates | Kidepo Valley National Park Uganda | Apoka Safari Lodge Room Rates | Kidepo Uganda | Kidepo Valley national park Uganda | Apoka Rest Camp Kidepo Uganda | Kidepo National Park Apoka Lodge | Buffalo Base Kidepo | Kidepo Valley National Park Safari | Kidepo Valley National Park Uganda | Hotels in Kidepo Valley National Park | Kidepo Valley Hotels | Places to stay in Kidepo Valley National Park | Kidepo Valley National Park Camps Lodges
Apoka Safari Lodge is a small and intimate lodge located on a picturesque kopje overlooking the Narus river valley in the Southwestern sector of Kidepo Valley National Park, Uganda’s most remote park. Light Aircraft transfers take 2 hours from Entebbe International airport to the Kidepo airstrip.
This is Uganda’s most remote park, far away from city life. The vast golden-green plains punctuated with craggy, rocky outcrops, reveal an even bigger sky at night. Under a canopy of impossibly bright stars, this is where we are reminded that the earth is round.
Kidepo Valley National Park is located in the far North-eastern section of Uganda, bordering Sudan to the North, the Napore Mountains to the West, and the Morungole Mountains to the South. The Kenyan border is just 5 kilometers from the Park’s Eastern boundary.
Apoka consists of 10 expansive rooms with natural canvas walls surrounding a rocky kopje with endless views across the savannah. With inside sitting rooms and private verandas, there are plenty of places to relax, read, and sprawl.
Big hand-hewn beds with soft duvets are draped with mosquito nets, hand-woven woolen carpets, extra-large plush towels, and oversized dressing gowns. Separate cottages, each fully self-contained and including both an indoor shower and outdoor bathtub, as well as a veranda for relaxing and enjoying the view.
Rooms have sweeping views over the Narus river valley and surrounding savannah. Six Units have open views of the valley with two of the units higher on the hill above the hotel looking over the panorama of the hotel and beautiful views.
Everything is handmade by local craftsmen, everything is large and capacious. The lodge has a swimming pool, sheltered terrace, and an outdoor stone bathtub, big enough to fit the whole family.
Wildlife in Kidepo is abundant. Lions, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, zebra (this is Uganda’s only park where giraffe and zebra are found together), possibly Africa’s largest herds of buffalo, hartebeest, waterbuck, bushbuck, warthog…
Activities available at Apoka Safari Lodge include; Game drives, walking safaris, bush sundowners, swimming, Night drives & Bird watching, and Community Tours, Picnics & private Dinners. Wild animals frequently walk around the grounds of the lodge.
Apoka Safari Lodge Accommodation Rates
Apoka Safari Lodge Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + Non-premium brands drinks + Bed Night Fees + Local airstrip transfers + 2 game activities per day (drive/walk) + Laundry+Sundowners (Excluding Premium Drinks) + Inclusive of Value Added Tax. All rates are subject to change without prior notification due to factors such as Government levies, taxes, fuel increases, or levies of whatever nature
|Dates To||Single Room
11th Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||960 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||31st May 2022||515 US Dollars||
950 US Dollars
1st Jun 2022
|30th Jun 2022||960 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||31st Aug 2022||1,050 US Dollars||
1,650 US Dollars
1st Sep 2022
|30th Sep 2022||960 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2022||30th Nov 2022||515 US Dollars||
950 US Dollars
1st Dec 2022
|14th Dec 2022||960 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars|
|15th Dec 2022||10th Jan 2023||1,050 US Dollars||
1,650 US Dollars
* Check-in time is 12:00 pm
* Day-room 50% on per person rates
* Check-out time is 10:00 am. Late check-out may be granted at a fee or depending on the occupancy on a given date
* Extra lunch – 30 US Dollars
* Extra dinner – 45 US Dollars
* Packed Lunch – 25 US Dollars
* Children’s meals (5-12 years) 50% on per person rates
* Infant below the age of 5 years – free of charge
* Child 5-18 years sharing – pay 50% of the adult rate
* 2 children or more sharing – the first child will be charged at adult sharing and others at children rates
* 1 or 2 children 5 up to 18 years sharing with 1 adult – adult at the single room rate and children pay rates indicated
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Premium brand drinks
* Additional activities and related costs
* Vehicle Entrance Fees are paid separately
* Kidepo Valley National Park, park fees – Adult – 40 US Dollars while children aged 5-15 years – 20 US Dollars
All extra activities;
* Karamajong Village Visit – 30 US Dollars
* Night drive (per vehicle per drive) – 150 US Dollars
* Morungole Mountain Climbing to the IK (Tueso) Tribe – 130 US Dollars
* Private Vehicle Hire (on request and subject to availability) – 300 US Dollars (per vehicle)