Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village | Cultural Tours Ilkidinga’s Village Arusha | Ilkiding’a Tanzania Cultural Tourism Programme Ilkiding’a Cultural Tour | Tanzania day Trips | Ilkidinga Village Cultural Tour | Arusha Day Trips Tanzania | Tanzania Cultural Tourist Tour Ilkiding’a Village | Ilkiding’a Maasai village cultural visit | Ilkiding’a Village Tour Tanzania | Arusha Day Tours
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village is a full day excursion from Arusha to the village of Ilkidinga which lies 7 kilometers north of Arusha town, Tanzania.
The drive from Arusha takes only 30 minutes. Walking from Arusha is also possible but it will take you 2 hours to reach the starting point of the tour.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village will give you the opportunity to experience traditional Wa-arusha culture. Spend a day walking around the hills of Ilkidinga and get some insight into traditional African culture.
This is one of fun things you can do while visiting Arusha on day trip. This tour gives visitors to Arusha Tanzania the chance to tour tribal areas, meet the people and experience their traditional way of life.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village Highlights
* Enjoy some real traditional dancers. You can join to dance!
* A visit to a traditional healer, who is ready to answer all your questions
* A visit to the craftsmen prepared by the Mainyoito Women’s Group at one of the households
* A visit to the primary school where money generated from tourism is used to rehabilitate the school
* A walk through coffee plantations and open fields where potatoes, cabbages, maize, beans e.t.c are cultivated
* A visit to a local Wa-arusha traditionally built household to get an idea of how an extended family lives together
* Hiking along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon and climbing small hills to enjoy the scenery overlooking Arusha town
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village Itinerary
0900 Hours: Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village departs from your hotel/ residence. We pick you up and transfer you to the village starting point.
From here you will walk down to the Ngarenaro river, cross it and start climbing Leleto hill. Once at the top of Leleto hill you will enjoy a view on the Maasai steppe and its volcanoes.
You will continue to walk through the fields to the forest reserve of Mount Meru National Park. Along the way you will have a rest stop at Ilkisongo viewpoint.
1230 Hours: Proceed back to Sembeo’s household where the women’s group will offer you a sumptuous lunch.
1400 Hours: After lunch you will get to visit with a traditional healer, the craftsmen group and later visit the canyon. A primary school visit is also included in the tour.
After the school tour you have the option to ride back to Arusha or walk back. The walk will take about 2 hours.
1800 Hours: We return back to our hotel/ residence
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village Prices
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village Rates Includes:
Lunch + Price per person + Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel + Guided tour of the Ilkidinga Village of the Wa-Arusha people & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children aged 8 to 12 Year|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Ilkiding’a village lies 7 km north of Arusha town, a 20-minute drive.
* Half-day tour is available: Half-day tour includes a visit to Sembeo’s Boma where you get a glimpse of village life. There on, walk through fields of crops, visit a traditional healer, head to the Njeche Canyon, and end with a traditional meal at the Mainyoito
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Ilkidinga Village Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers Insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of one persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport