Ashnil Samburu Camp is a mid-range safari camp located in Buffalo Springs Game Reserve on the banks of Ewaso Nyiro River. The camp is 12 km from Ngare Mara Gate near Archers Post and 325 km – a 5-hour drive) from Nairobi. The flying time from Nairobi is about 60 minutes and scheduled flights land at Buffalo Springs Airstrip which is 12 km away from Ashnil Samburu Camp. There are a total number of 19 deluxe en-suite tents each featuring a decked terrace with views of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
Ashnil Samburu Camp has 30 luxury hexagon tents; 18 double tents, 9 twin beds tents, and 3 triple beds. Each of the exclusive comfortable deluxe tents features a dressing area, sitting area, luggage rack, safe, Parquet floors, wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle.
There is a wooden decked terrace with a perfect view of the Ewaso Nyiro River and a beautiful surrounding landscape. The open-sitting restaurant located in the main building overlooks the Ewaso Nyiro River and can sit up to 100 guests.
The restaurant serves set buffets featuring international, oriental, and traditional African cuisine. The lounge is also located in the main building. The décor has an African touch that makes it a wonderful place to pass time and relax and can accommodate up to 60 guests.
There is a variety of drinks served and including; liqueur, soft drinks, cocktails, wines, spirits, local and international beers. Ashnil Samburu Camp has a conference facility with the latest modern technology, which includes an LCD projector for clear vision and a good sound system.
Guests can take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool or simply relax by the pool which has a wonderful viewing deck of the Ewaso Nyiro River. This is the perfect place to relax and laze around in the calm afternoons.
Buffalo springs game reserve has various animal species such as Grevy zebra, Fringe eared Oryx, Dik, giraffe, gazelles, African elephant, cheetahs, gerenuk, African wild dog, warthog, impala, waterbuck, lion, hippos, spotted hyena, and giraffes among the rest.
The reserve is also blessed with over 365 bird species. These include the Somali ostriches, vulturine guinea fowl, Taita falcons, yellow-billed oxpeckers, great egrets, sand grouse, Verreaux eagle, martial eagles, yellow-billed hornbills, grey-headed kingfisher, secretary bird, pygmy falcons, lilac-breasted rollers, and African darters.
Ashnil Samburu Camp Activities Include game drives, guided nature walks, sundowners and massage parlor, Samburu village visit, and Samburu cultural talks and dances. The camp arranges weddings in the ‘theatre of the wild’ – Buffalo Springs Game Reserve.
Ashnil Samburu Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Ashnil Samburu Camp Non-Residents Rates Per Night Include:
|Dates To||Single Room
3rd Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||195 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||380 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||6th Apr 2023||95 US Dollars||190 US Dollars||
270 US Dollars
7th Apr 2023
|10th Apr 2023||250 US Dollars||340 US Dollars||480 US Dollars|
|11th Apr 2023||15th Jun 2023||95 US Dollars||190 US Dollars||
270 US Dollars
16th Jun 2023
|14th Jul 2023||195 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||380 US Dollars|
|15th Jul 2023||30th Sep 2023||270 US Dollars||370 US Dollars||
500 US Dollars
1st Oct 2023
|20th Dec 2023||195 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||380 US Dollars|
|21st Dec 2023||3rd Jan 2024||250 US Dollars||340 US Dollars||
480 US Dollars
* Lunch : 25 US Dollars per person
* Lunch (Extra) – 20 US Dollars per person
* Half board reduction rate: 5 US Dollars per person
* Park entry fees and any other extras are not included
* Rooms are available for new arrivals from 12 noon on the scheduled arrival date. Rooms should be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the scheduled departure date
* Game Package Supplement: 110 US Dollars per adult per night & 80 US Dollars per Child. Includes return airstrip transfers and two (AM & PM) shared game drives per night
* Child up to 3 years of age – Free of charge
* Child 4-12 sharing with adults – 50% of adult rate
* Two children in their own room – 75% of adults rate each
* Three children in their own room – Full double room rate
* One adult sharing with one child – Adult single room rate & child 50% of half twin rate
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Park Fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the camp
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Transfer to and from the camp
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance