Beryls Cottage Kembu Farm Njoro Nakuru | Beryls Self Catering Holiday Cottage | Kembu Farm Njoro | Kembu Cottages Campsite | Beryls Cottage Kembu | Kembu Cottages Nakuru | Kenana Farm Njoro | Kenana Dairy Farm Njoro | Nightingale Farm Njoro | Nakuru Cottages | Kembu Cottages Njoro Rates | Kembu Cottages Holiday Rentals | Nakuru Self Catering Cottages | Nakuru Cabins | Nakuru Accommodation
Beryls Cottage Kembu Farm Njoro is a self-catering guest house located just outside Nakuru about 180 km from Nairobi, a convenient stopover point for those planning trips to Lake Bogoria, Lake Baringo, or en route to the Masai Mara.
The cottage is one of the 9 Kembu cottages on Kenana farm and is located on a large 900 acre/ 400ha farm just 8 km beyond Njoro and 30 minutes from Nakuru Town. This holiday home is only a 3 hours drive from Nairobi.
Beryl’s Cottage was the childhood home of the infamous early aviator Beryl Markham. This quaint cottage, originally built in 1914, has been relocated & restored for its centenary as a live-in shrine to this spirited lady.
The Cottage has 2 en-suite bedrooms (a double bedroom and a twin bedroom) with an open-plan lounge with a fireplace, kitchen, and dining room. There is a private garden and a lovely verandah that overlooks the Great Rift Valley.
There are numerous day trips within easy reach of the farm. These include Lake Nakuru National Park, Lake Bogoria National Reserve, Menengai Crater, hikes into the Mau Forest on Mt Loindiani, and up Kiplombe Valley.
The enjoyable hours spent exploring the wilds of this wonderful area are made more idyllic knowing there is a warm and inviting base awaiting your return.
Kembu Farm activities include: Collecting eggs, farm walks, machine milking at the Dairy, hand milking, feeding the calves, visiting the horses and foals, sheep shearing, spinning, and carding demonstration, bird walking, visiting knitting project, and shop.
Additional activities are chameleon walk, butter making, bushcraft (fire lighting, shelter/ tent construction, cooking bread dough on a stick), archery, obstacle course, wide games, marshmallow cooking, around a fire, and bar games – pool, darts, etc.
Beryls Self Catering Holiday Cottage Kembu Farm Njoro Prices
The rate for the whole Cottage Per Night on a Self-Catering Basis
|Dates From||Dates To||Cottage Price Per Night
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||195 US Dollars|
* Rates above are Bed Only Per Cottage Per Night
* Half Board and full-board rates are available upon request
* Extra bed allowed maximum two beds allowed – 20 US Dollars per bed maximum two beds allowed
* Kembu offers complimentary Farm walks. Other organized activities are charged for Archery, Orienteering, Educational, Obstacle Courses, Bird Walks, Chameleon walks, forest crafts, etc. Charged per person for a full day, half-day, or per single activity
Cottage Catering – Dinner & Breakfast and Lunches Will Be Served To Guests In Their Cottage
* Adult – Dinner & Breakfast Per Day – 58 US Dollars
* Infant – 4 Years And Under Complimentary Cottage Meals
* Adult – Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch Per Day – 68 US Dollars
* Child (5 – 12 Years) – Dinner & Breakfast Per Day – 28 US Dollars
* Child (5 – 12 Years) – Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch Per Day – 38 US Dollars