Buhoma Lodge Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Buhoma Lodge is an intimate and charming lodge located in Buhoma, 120 km from Kabale, and 20 km from Butogota in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park (South-Western Uganda). The Lodge commands spectacular and uninterrupted views of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, home to the endangered Mountain Gorilla.
By Road; Buhoma in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a full day’s drive from Entebbe or Kampala, 6 hours drive from Lake Mburo National Park, and 2 hours drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park (Ishasha sector).
By Air; Twice daily scheduled light-aircraft flights land at the nearby Kihihi airstrip approximately 90-120 minutes’ drive from Buhoma, depending upon road conditions. It is also possible to charter a flight to Kihihi from Entebbe or various locations around Uganda or other major hubs in East Africa.
Buhoma is one of only 2 lodges situated within the National Park, within a short walking distance from the meeting point for gorilla tracking and other activities in the Buhoma area. An elevated central area, complete with a lounge, bar, and dining area, offers a cozy, comfortable environment, and fireplaces that add atmosphere and warmth in the cool evenings.
Buhoma lodge has 10 chalets(9 are standard chalets & 1 is provided for a family or honeymooners). The chalets have been individually designed and carefully built using locally sourced materials, without compromising levels of comfort.
Inside the spacious chalets, are comfortable beds, a well-appointed and roomy en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet, a rain shower hot water, insect-proof window screens, eco-friendly solar lighting, and a secure safe. The family/ honeymoon chalet, in addition to all of the above, also features a separate lounge room with an open fireplace.
The four-course meals are freshly prepared from local produce, ensuring you take away warm homely memories of your time here. The bar has a selection of local and imported beverages. Free WiFi internet and recharging facilities are available in the bar.
The spa treatment room is available to all overnight lodge guests are entitled to a complimentary massage by the trained in-house masseuse. Complimentary laundry and hiking-boot cleaning service are invaluable after a day of gorilla trekking!. There is also a curio shop on-site with a range of locally made crafts.
Activities available from Buhoma Lodge include; Buhoma Community Village Walk, Batwa Cultural Experience, Bwindi Forest Walk, Bird Watching, Butterfly Watching, etc.
Other Accommodation Option in Queen Elizabeth National Park | Click Here
Buhoma Lodge Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Accommodation Rates
Buhoma Lodge Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board accommodation, 3 multiple course meals per day, all hot beverages and bar snacks, house drinks, one complimentary 30 minutes massage per stay (30 US Dollars for any additional 30 minutes massages), and other lodge services provided at Buhoma Lodge
|Dates To||Single Room
Child Aged 5-12 Years Sharing
1st Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||480 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||190 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||31st Mar 2023||415 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||
160 US Dollars
1st Apr 2023
|31st May 2023||340 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||135 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2023||30th Jun 2023||415 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||
160 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|30th Sep 2023||480 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||190 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2023||31st Oct 2023||415 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||
160 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|30th Nov 2023||340 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||135 US Dollars|
|1st Dec 2023||31st Dec 2023||480 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||
190 US Dollars
* Child aged 0-4 years sharing with adults – Free
* Ishasha Community Project Visitors Fee Per Person – 15 US Dollars
* Family Room/ Honeymoon suite guarantee – 150 US Dollars additional fee
* Additional activities: meals, premium/ special drinks, and other services taken at the lodge
* Check-in time is 1.00 pm and check-out time is 10.00 am unless otherwise agreed with lodge/camp management
* Easter and Christmas Holiday Period supplements are not included in the rates and are subject to confirmation when booking
* Sundowners in the Park – Drinks and Snacks included Per Person (Minimum 2 guests & Maximum 20 Persons) – 28 US Dollars
* Laundry services (by hand and subject to weather) are available at the establishments without charge for guests staying two nights or more
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Airstrip transfers
* Drinks & Extra Meals
* Items of a personal nature
* Premium brand spirits and wines
* Game drives and excursions from the Lodge
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance
* National Park Entry and other Uganda Wildlife Authority fees
* Future Generations Trust of 10 US Dollars Per Person Per Night
* Transportation, airport, and flight taxes. Transfers to and from the Lodge
Airstrip & Road Transfers
* Private Vehicle Guarantee – Half Day – 210 US Dollars
* Private Vehicle Guarantee – Full Day – 290 US Dollars
* Batwa Experience – Visitors Fee Per Person – 85 US Dollars
* Buhoma Community Tour – Visitors Fee Per Person – 25 US Dollars
* Ishasha Community Project – Visitors Fee Per Person – 15 US Dollars
* Ishasha Community visit Transport to/ from Buhoma Lodge – 230 US Dollars
* Forest Walk + National Park Entry Fees as applicable – 30 per person US Dollars
* Between Buhoma Lodge and Mweya area QENP – per one-way transfer – 570 US Dollars
* Transfer between Kihihi airstrip and Buhoma Lodge – per one-way transfer – 260 US Dollars
* Between Buhoma Lodge and Ishasha Wilderness Camp QENP – per one-way transfer – 285 US Dollars
* Buhoma Lodge and Kigali, Rwanda OR Buhoma Lodge and Kibale Forest – per one-way transfer -785 US Dollars
* Gorilla Tracking – per permit, subject to advance booking + fee of 30 US Dollars per permit purchased – 830 US Dollars
* Transfer between Buhoma Lodge and Ruhija Area – per one-way transfer ( x 2 for return for Gorilla trek) – 115 US Dollars