Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari | Kigali Rwanda 1 Day Trips Excursions Safaris | Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park Democratic Republic of Congo | Congo Gorilla tracking from Rwanda Day Tours | 1 Day Kigali Gorilla Trekking Budget Safari | 1 Day Congo Virunga National Park | Short Gorilla Trek from Rwanda | Congo Day Trips | 1 Day Short Gorilla Excursion in Democratic Republic of Congo from Rwanda | Rwanda Short Gorilla Tour Virunga National Park | 1 Day Gorilla Tracking Virunga National Park Mountain Gorilla Tour from Rwanda | 3 Day Congo Gorilla Excursion | 1 Day Gorilla Tour Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga
Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari is a popular day excursion for trekking gorillas in Virunga National Park. Virunga National Park is located on the Eastern side of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Situated in the center of the Albertine Rift, between Uganda and Rwanda, Virunga’s 7,800 square km (3,000 square miles) stretches from the Virunga Massif in the south to the Rwenzori Mountains in the north.
Virunga National Park was founded in 1925 by Parc Albert. It was the first national park to be established on the continent of Africa. Virunga National Park is a habitat for about 200 gorillas that live mostly on the southern side of the park.
Gorilla trekking in Congo Virunga National Park is popular because the cost of gorilla permits is low. Rwanda gorilla permits cost about 1500 US Dollars per person while Uganda gorilla permits cost 600 US Dollars per person. The Democratic Republic of Congo gorilla permits costs only 400 US Dollars per person.
In addition to this Virunga National Park is less congested compared to other tracking places like Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda.
Virunga National Park activities include Mountain gorilla trekking, chimpanzees tracking safaris, nature walks, Nyiragongo active volcano hike, sightseeing, landscape viewing, and birding watching.
Virunga’s most prominent animals include forest and savanna elephants, buffalos, duiker, hippos, okapis, lions, Mountain Gorillas, Eastern Lowland Gorilla, and Eastern Chimpanzee. Bird species include Grey Crowned-Crane, African Fish Eagle, Shoebill and Great Blue Turaco, etc.
Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari Detailed Itinerary
0400 Hours: Our 1 day gorilla trekking safari adventure from in Kigali begins with an early pick up from your hotel by our safari driver guide followed by a transfer to Virunga National Park. Kindly note that we can also start from Kisoro town or Goma town.
The drive takes about 3 hours from Kigali city to the town of Gisenyi. Gisenyi sharing a common border with Goma, the city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Goma is about 30 miles/ 48 km (1 hour driving time) to the Virunga National Park Headquarters.
0800 Hours: Upon arrival at the Virunga National Park Headquarters we register and get a briefing about the gorilla trekking adventure. We then transfer to the gorilla trekking start point in the Park.
A game ranger accompanies you in the search for the gorillas. Only a maximum of 8 individuals per day are allowed to trek. The reason is to help to reduce the spreading of diseases from humans to the mountain gorillas.
Only children aged 15 years and above are allowed to go for the trek. Gorilla trekking takes place during day time and it’s between 0800 hours to 1900 hours and once you get to meet them you are given strictly 1 hour to spend with the mountain gorillas.
Your Gorilla trekking adventure can take as little as an hour or can even go on longer till 5 hours. On some days it can be a 20 to 40 minutes hike from the way into the forest.
Other days it can take more than an hour’s walk to get to the Mountain gorillas since they are always on the move in search for food.
After we trek back to the base of Virunga Volcanic Mountain range to meet up with our driver and begin our journey back to Kigali – Rwanda. Those who started the tour from Kisoro town or Goma town will also be dropped back to their respective places of their residence.
Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari Prices
Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari Prices Include;
Park Entrance Fees + Relevant government taxes + Bottle of water while on safari + Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle + Services of a professional English speaking Driver/ Guide + Round trip transportation from Kigali to DRCongo Virunga National Park & 400 US Dollars Gorilla Permit for Virunga National Park per person per trek
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 15 Years & Above|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Tour can be customized
* Tour Can Depart any day
* Age Limit: 15 years and above
* Solo travelers can join this tour
* This tour starts and ends in Kigali/ Rwanda
* You will need a nice amount of fitness to do the trek
* You’ll visit Virunga National Park in DR Congo and the main activity is gorilla tracking
* A yellow fever vaccination is a requirement because you wILL NOT BE ALLOWED into the country minus proof of the inoculation
Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga National Park 1 Day Rwanda Safari Prices Exclude;
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Porters during the gorilla trekking
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* The Democratic Republic of Congo VISA (100 US Dollars) and Rwanda Visa fees, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Items/ Things to Bring along the 1 Day Congo Gorilla Trek
* Bottle water
* Sunscreen is essential
* A decent rain jacket that’s made of breathable material
* A daypack that can fit snacks, a water bottle, a camera, and warm clothes
* Long hiking pants and long socks (You should tuck your pants inside your socks top protect yourself from ants!)
* A non flash camera, although there’s no need to bring a zoom lens on this trek (you’ll always be within several meters of the gorillas!)
* Hiking boots that are comfortable and water-resistant. You may choose some you have worn before. This way, you will know these boots will not hurt you