Ekorians Mugie Camp Laikipia (named after the Olive tree in the Turkana language) is located in the Mugie Sanctuary near Mugie Dam at the northern end of the Laikipia Plateau near Mount Kenya, where opportunities for wildlife viewing and bird watching are abundant. The lodge uses Loisaba airstrip and it’s 1 ½ hours away by a game drive. By private charter flight, directly to Mugie airstrip. By road, Ekorian’s Mugie Camp is 2 hours from Rumuruti on the road heading north to Maralal. The camp is approximately 6 hours from Nairobi and 4 hours from Nanyuki.
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp has six guest tents, each en suite, with thatched roofs and wooden deck floors, and a central mess and dining tent.
Optional extra activities at Ekorian’s Mugie Camp include camel rides and golfing at Mugie Golf Course. This is one of Kenya’s northernmost golf courses designed by Kenya’s most famous golf course designer.
The beautiful course has two-tier greens and is nestled among a grove of olive trees. It offers a challenge for even the most experienced golfer.
The Mugie Sanctuary is 22,000 acres found within the Mugie Ranch. The Sanctuary is home to 70 species of mammals including lion, cheetah, leopard, buffalo, elephant, eland, and hyena. There are many endangered species residing in Mugie including the Grevy’s Zebra and Jackson’s Hartebeest.
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp activities include game drives, guided walks, bird watching, kayaking, bush breakfast/ picnic lunch, cultural visits, fishing, anti-poaching bloodhound walks & demonstrations, camel treks, golfing, and sleeping out under the stars.
Other Accommodation Options in Laikipia | Click Here
Ekorians Mugie Camp Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Ekorians Mugie Camp Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Includes;
Full board accommodation + House wine, beers, and spirits + Laundry + Mugie airstrip transfers + Unlimited shared game drives + Night Drives + Guided walks + Kayaking, fishing, and camel rides + Ranch activities (Dip day on Saturdays) + Demonstration with the bloodhounds + Community visits to Mugie School, clinic, livestock office + Bush meals and sundowners
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing
5th Jan 2023
|30th Jun 2023||440 US Dollars||880 US Dollars||230 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Aug 2023||580 US Dollars||1,160 US Dollars||
300 US Dollars
1st Sep 2023
|17th Dec 2023||440 US Dollars||880 US Dollars||230 US Dollars|
|18th Dec 2023||4th Jan 2024||580 US Dollars||1,160 US Dollars||
300 US Dollars
* Check-in at 11 am. Check out at 10 am
* Exclusive use of vehicle -250 US Dollars per day per vehicle
* Guests must vacate their tent by 10 am but changing facilities are provided
* Late departure after 2 pm 100 US Dollars per person includes lunch and a game drive
* Minimum Charge for Exclusive Use of Camp is 10 Adults at the Applicable Season’s Rates above
* Golfing at Mugie Golf Course (optional extra) – this is one of Kenya’s northernmost golf courses with two-tier greens and is nestled among a grove of olive trees
* Mugie Golf Course is also conveniently fenced in from wildlife so that guests can enjoy a jog or a gentle stroll around the 3.5 km track to enjoy the views as well as play a round of golf
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Camel Rides
* Filming safaris
* Vintage wines and champagne on request
* Champagne, Premium spirits, Cellar wines on request
* Golf green fees – 30 US Dollars (Golf prior arrangement)
* Exclusive use of the vehicle – 250 US Dollars per vehicle per day
* Transfers from Loisaba airstrip – 110 US Dollars per car each way
* Conservation Fees per Adult – 110 US Dollars per person per night and Teens – 55 US Dollars per person per night
* Late departure (after 2 pm) – 120 US Dollars per person, including lunch and a game drive. Guests must vacate their tent by 10 am but changing facilities are provided