Elewana Kilindi Zanzibar | Elewana Kilindi North Zanzibar | East Coast Zanzibar Hotels & Beach Resorts | North East Coast Zanzibar Accommodation | North East Coast Zanzibar Hotels | Place to stay on the North East coast of Zanzibar | Zanzibar North Coast Hotels | Beach Resorts Accommodation | Best Beach Lodges & Resorts East Coast Zanzibar | Private Villas and Luxury Hotels Kendwa North Coast | Luxury Hotels in Zanzibar | Zanzibar North Coast Hotels Accommodation
Kilindi Resort Zanzibar is a luxury romantic beach lodge located on the northeast coast of Zanzibar, just south of Kendwa, less than an hour’s drive from Zanzibar airport and Stone Town.
The resort, fringed by Casuarina trees and set on a magnificent beach extending 500 meters, offers luxurious accommodations in 15 arched pavilion-style villas with unique domed roofs, spread across 54 acres of gentle hillside overlooking Tumbatu Island and a fine white sand beach.
Each hideaway is a maze of split levels and staircases latticed by a waterfall and two plunge pools (which double as an ecologically smart plumbing system). The breezy rooms are cooled by the trade winds (instead of air-conditioning), and the decor is uncluttered: hand-woven baskets, a few seashells, and the odd cotton Kikoy throw. By night, the scene softens with storm lanterns lit by Masai warriors, who also patrol the premises. Each villa has its own private plunge pool and is tended to by its own Guest Ambassador.
The lodge has been designed to fit into its surroundings as much as possible, and there is a mixture of mature trees, native vegetation, and occasional luxuriant and colorful gardens within the grounds.
Kilindi Resort Zanzibar pavilion has two rainwater plunge pools (with a waterfall in between), as well as domed living and sleeping spaces open to the sea. The pavilions are furnished with great style and surprising simplicity and have superb views of the sea and the beach.
There is a big dome at the center of the complex which houses a bar and dining terrace, where guests may take their meals. Meals may be taken anywhere within Kilindi, such as on the beach or in private pavilion.
There are two Family Pavilions that sleep up to 4 people (2 adults and 2 children, in one king-size bed and two single beds). Kilindi Resort Zanzibar style has become known as ‘Zanzibaroque’, which is an homage to the unique synthesis of the island’s endemic social and historical culture.
The beach lodge activities include an onsite spa and swimming pool provide plenty of relaxation, although guests cannot outdo the pristine beaches and warm tropical waters for peace, seclusion, and tranquility. Day trips away from Kilindi itself include swimming with dolphins, fantastic snorkeling, and trips to Stone Town. Guests can enjoy daily boat trips, scuba, and snorkeling to get a glimpse of the dolphins, copious fish, and vivid corals that thrive in Zanzibar’s waters.
Stone Town is a UNESCO world heritage site and a place where history still lives. The stone buildings, meandering alleyways, and markets still existing as they have done for centuries make for a fascinating day of exploring.
Elewana Kilindi Zanzibar Accommodation Prices
Elewana Kilindi Zanzibar Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation, all meals and drinks (excluding champagne, private cellar wines, and spirits), sundowners, paddleboarding, kayaking, laundry, service charge, and Value Added Tax
|Dates To||Single Room
4th Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||850 US Dollars||1,160 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||30th Apr 2023||710 US Dollars||
980 US Dollars
1st May 2023
|31st May 2023||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jun 2023||30th Jun 2023||710 US Dollars||
980 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|31st Aug 2023||850 US Dollars||1,160 US Dollars|
|1st Sep 2023||21st Dec 2023||710 US Dollars||
980 US Dollars
22nd Dec 2023
|3rd Jan 2024||1,050 US Dollars||
1,400 US Dollars
* Maximum Room Occupancy – 2 Guests
* Check-out Time is 10:00 am and Check-in Time is 2:00 pm
* Minimum number of nights bookable at this property during Easter weekend 7th April to 11th April – 2 Nights
* Minimum number of nights bookable at this property during Festive season 22nd December to 3rd January – 5 Nights
* Kilindi Zanzibar is a couples-only property. Family groups can be accommodated only when Kilindi is booked on a fully exclusive basis. Minimum age 16 years
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Paddle Boarding & Kayaking at Kilindi – Free
* Jozani Forest Tour (minimum 2 guests) – 221 US Dollars Per Person
* Sunset Dhow Cruise (minimum 2 guests) – 158 US Dollars Per Person
* One-Way Airport Transfer (per vehicle, maximum 4 guests) – 110 US Dollars
* Historical Stone Town Tour (minimum 2 guests) – 158 US Dollars Per Person
* Zanzibar Island Spice Tours, 3 Hours (Minimum 2 Guests) – 95 US Dollars Per Person
* Yoga amenities pack (bookings made for Yoga retreats only) – 95 US Dollars Per Person
* Private ‘Lobster & Champagne’ Beach Dinner (minimum 2 guests) – 225 US Dollars Per Person
* Snorkeling excursion to Mnemba (Minimum 2 Guests on a sharing boat basis) – 158 US Dollars Per Person