Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp Tanzania
Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp Tanzania is a stylish and comfortable tented camp nestled on the northwestern side of the Ngorongoro Crater rim, only accessible by its own road, which itself gives spectacular views of the southern Serengeti in one direction and the crater floor to the other.
The camp can be reached either by scheduled or Charter flight to Manyara airstrip followed by a 2.5-hour drive to the camp. Entamanu Ngorongoro sits above the Ngorongoro Crater and is a great base for exploring the Crater.
Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp has 7 heated tents, including two family units. All are en suite and have a deck with comfortable furniture. The level of comfort is very high, the beds are luxurious, the plumbed-in showers spacious, and there are twin sinks with running hot and cold water.
All tents benefit from bedside tables and lighting, a comfy seating area with lovely views, a writing desk and chair, and well-appointed en-suite facilities comprising separate flush toilets, twin washbasins with mirrors over, and a walk-in shower.
Additional amenities include a walkie-talkie, insect repellent, charging points, and even an air horn. The crater rim can get very cold, but every tent has remote-controlled gas heaters to keep the cold away. And soft furnishings such as woven throws and wool rugs lend a very snug feel.
Sitting on an entirely removable wooden platform, a communal canvas tent boasts two large lounges, a dining room, and a foyer. Wi-Fi is available in the communal areas, as well as electricity for charging.
The interiors of the Entamanu camp consist of sustainably sourced fabrics and wood whilst everything within the camp itself is locally made by artisans. During the colder months of the year, fireplaces warm up the comfortable tented lounge as well as the dining room. Wool blankets and down duvets make for a cozy sleeping place in the heart of the African bushveld.
Food and drink are provided on a full-board basis and are both tasty and satisfying. Children aged 8 years and over are welcome and they are very well accommodated in the family safari tent. Often referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World, the Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera.
It is a place where wildlife and game viewing is easy and excellent year-round, making it one of Tanzania’s most popular places to visit, and the best location in the country to view the ‘Big Five’.
Activities available at Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp Tanzania include; game drives, bush picnics, guided walks, and interacting with the Maasai communities. Explore the game-rich Ngorongoro Crater Floor and soak up the splendid views from camp.
Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp Accommodation Rates
Entamanu Ngorongoro Camp Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Shared Camp – Full Board Accommodation + Drinks (except Champagne and premium wines) + Laundry & Tourism Development Levy
Full Board Accommodation In a Shared Camp
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|15th Mar 2023||1,250 US Dollars||1,750 US Dollars||530 US Dollars|
|16th Mar 2023||31st May 2023||780 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||
360 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|31st Oct 2023||1,250 US Dollars||1,750 US Dollars||530 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||20th Dec 2023||780 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||
360 US Dollars
21st Dec 2023
|15th Mar 2024||1,250 US Dollars||1,750 US Dollars||
530 US Dollars
* Minimum 2-night stay at the Camp
* Nearest airstrip – Manyara – 2.5 hours drive to the camp
* Tanapa and NCAA park activity fees need to be added separately
* Private Camp Car & Guide – Per Vehicle per Day – 475 US Dollars
* Shared Camp Car & Guide – Per Person per Day (Adult & Child Rate) – 125 US Dollars
* NB; Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
* Bush meals
* AMREF Evacuation Cover
* Ngorongoro Crater Service fees
* Transfers to the nearest airstrip
* Gratuities and shop purchases
* Champagne and premium wines
* Park entry, park overnight, and park activity fees
* Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
National Park/ Conservation Area Fees
* Ngorongoro park fees- Adult 71 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 24 US Dollars
* Overnight FeesPer night – Adult 71 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 35 US Dollars
* Crater Service Fees – Private vehicle – 295 US Dollars & 95 US Dollars (Shared Ground Package per person)
* Activity Park Fees Game Package Only – Both for Shared & Private (Per 24 hours) – Adult 16 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 9 US Dollars
Check-in – Check-out Time
* Rooms will be available from 1300hrs on the day of arrival. Early check-in will be subject to the manager’s discretion on the day of arrival
* Rooms must be vacated by 1000hrs. Clients wishing to keep their rooms for longer will be charged 75% of the room rate in the High Season and 50% in the Low Season
Children’s Rates & Policy
* The minimum age is 8 years to 21 years
* Child park entry and camping/concession fees apply for up to 16 years
* Children aged 12 years and under must share a room or family tent/room with an adult
* Children under 12 years are not permitted to walk, chimp, or fly camp due to safety reasons
* A child occupying a single room will be charged at the full adult rate plus a single supplement
Family Rooms & Triple – Family rooms sleep 2 Adults and 2 Children
* The camp can accommodate up to two triples in each camp – the third bed in a room is suitable for up to 16 years only and we do not allow 3 adults in a triple