Giraffe Manor Hotel Nairobi
Giraffe Manor Hotel Nairobi is a small luxury boutique hotel in the Karen suburb of Nairobi, just 30 minutes drive from the City Center and about 35 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The Giraffe Manor is situated on 160 acres of indigenous forest 16 km outside Nairobi. Giraffe Manor together with its associated Giraffe Centre serves as a home to a number of endangered Rothschild giraffes. It also serves as the Centre for an innovative and successful Rothschild giraffe breeding program. The giraffe loves to approach the sunroom whilst guests enjoy their breakfast, and are always keen to be hand-fed!
Giraffe Manor House Hotel accommodates 25 guests, with the option of extra beds in rooms and is one of Nairobi’s most iconic buildings, and with just six luxury rooms, one of the most exclusive places to stay in the city.
Here, one can expect beautifully furnished, elegant rooms that include romantic four-poster beds and well-appointed en-suite bathrooms, housed in a building that dates back to the 1930s.
At Giraffe Manor, breakfasts are a fun-filled affair. Not only can you tuck into a mouth-watering menu, but you are also likely to be interrupted by one of the friendly giraffes poking its head through the window in search of a treat.
Lunch on light meals and kick-start an evening with refreshing cocktails served around a crackling fire, followed by superb gourmet dinners in the inviting dining room. Those in need of pampering can soothe weary limbs with a massage, whilst the energetically inclined can enjoy invigorating workouts at the gym.
Travelers from all over the world now make The Giraffe Manor part of their East African Safari. Some spend a week here and The Giraffe Manor has many repeat guests, who have become old friends. Personally hosted, The Giraffe Manor is an elegant and exclusive small hotel with a rich blend of welcoming accommodations, highly trained staff, and one of Nairobi’s finest kitchens.
Top 5 things to do while at the Giraffe Manor include sharing breakfast with a giraffe, a guided walk in the sanctuary, visiting the giraffe Centre, visiting the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, and Karen Blixen Museum.
Other activities/ things to do while at the Giraffe Manor | Click Here
Giraffe Manor Hotel Nairobi Room Type
* 2 Standard Rooms (Lynn & Marlon in the main Manor)
* 2 Superior Suites (Karen Blixen in the main Manor & Finch Hatton in the garden Manor)
* 8 Superior Rooms (Jock, Betty, & Daisy in the main Manor and Arlene, Kelly, Helen, Edd & Salma in the garden Manor)
Giraffe Manor Hotel Nairobi Non-Resident Room Rates
2024 Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Fully Inclusive/ Day room,
Arrival/departure transfers and transportation around the Karen & Langata area (included in the rate if the collection time is after 11:30 am on the day of arrival and prior to check out at 10:00 am on the day of departure), all meals, house wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits, laundry, wireless internet access, entrance to the AFEW Giraffe Centre, Orchid House dining, access to The Retreat during check in and check out times, boules, croquet and Value Added Tax
Superior Rooms (Jock, Betty, Daisy, Marlon, Lynn, Arlene, Kelly, Helen, Edd & Salma)
Single Room (1 Guest)
|Double Room (2 Guests)||Child Sharing (3 to 11 Years)|
|1,650 US Dollars||2,100 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
Superior Family Suites
|Based on up to 2 Adults & 2 Children Sharing||
3rd Child Rate (Aged 3-11 Years)
Karen Blixen Suite
3,600 US Dollars
470 US Dollars
Finch Hatton Suite
3,250 US Dollars
420 US Dollars
* Child aged 12 years and over is an adult
* Check-in is at 12:00hours and checks out by 20:00 hours
* Child aged 2 years and under is an infant. Infants stay for free
* Professional guide room per person per night – 160 US Dollars
* Giraffe Manor will be closed from 15th April to 12th May 2024 inclusive
* Day rooms are available at the applicable full board per person per night rate
* If a child is to be allocated to a single room, the rate charged is the Full single-room rate
* Christmas Supplement Per Person Per Night 23rd December 2024 – 01 January 2025 Inclusive 100 US Dollars
* The child rate is the same whether they share the room in one of the beds or whether they are in an extra bed. Extra beds do not always fit
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Exclude
* Personal effects
* Health insurance
* Massage treatments
* Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines