Gnu Mara River Camp Serengeti National Park
Gnu Mara River Camp Serengeti National Park is a luxury mobile tented camp situated in the Kogatende area of northern Serengeti just a few minutes drive from the famous Mara river where the greatest land mammal of more than a 2.5million wildebeest and zebras crosses while migrating to Maasai Mara.
Gnu Mara River Camp is one of the GNU Migration Camps. Locations: Mara River Camp (July- October) and Ndutu Camp (Dec-March). The camp is accessible: by road or air, nearest to Kogatende Airstrip and Ndutu Airstrip for Mara River camp and Ndutu Camp respectively. The camp is open from June to Mid November each year.
GNU Migration Camps moves to different locations following 2.5 million wildebeests and zebras migration as it travels across the Serengeti to get proximity to the wildlife herds and great migration.
Gnu Mara River Camp Serengeti National Park has 10 Semi-permanent En suite Luxury Tents including family rooms, each tent is equipped with comfortable king-size or twin beds and features en suite facilities such as a shower, and hand-wash basin, and a flush toilet. The camp is open from June to Mid November each year.
The camp also features; Free wifi, Restaurant, a terrace, and a bar. The campsite is fully lit by solar power, making it the most Eco-friendly possible giving you the most comfortable nights in the Serengeti.
A Bedouin-style stretch tent forms the mess tent and communal dining area and provides shade from the African sun. Underneath the shelters are the dining tables and camp chairs, which can be moved around the campfire for sundowners and fireside stories in the evening.
Activities from Gnu Mara River Camp include; Game Drives, Balloon Flights, Walking Safaris, a Great migration safari, etc. The Great Wildebeest Migration from Tanzania to Kenya and back is the biggest in the animal kingdom.
Gnu Mara River Camp Serengeti National Park Accommodation Rates
Gnu Mara River Camp Serengeti National Park Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full Board (Breakfast/Lunch or Picnic lunchbox/Dinner) + Tea and Coffee during meals + Mineral Water & Value Added Tax
|Dates To||Single Room
|Double/ Twin Room
1st Jan 2023
|30th Jun 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||300 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||
700 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|31st Dec 2023||Closed||Closed||
* A bed levy of 1% per person a night is not included
* Rates are exclusive of concession fees which are payable at the National park’s entry gates
* Children under 4yrs sharing with adults – Free
* Children above 15 years will be charged the full adult rate
* Children under 12 years are not allowed to stay alone in a tent
* Children between 4-15 years occupying their own room will be charged 75% of the room rate
* Children between 13-15 years occupying their own room will be charged 75% of the single room rate
* Children between 4-15 years sharing with 1 adult will be charged 75% of the adult per person sharing rate
* Children between 4-15 years sharing with 2 adults will be charged 50% of the adult rate per person sharing
* Lunch – 25 US Dollars per person
* Dinner -25 US Dollars per person
* Picnic Lunch box 15 US Dollars per person
* Private dinner can be arranged for a supplement of 30 US Dollars per person per meal
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Game drives
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* National Park entry fees
* All transfers to the Lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance
* Alcoholic and beverage drinks (sodas, wines, champagne, spirits, local beers)