Governors Camp Masai Mara | Hotel Governors Camp Talek | Governors Camp Musiara Area | Masai Mara Luxury Tented Camp | Masai Mara Luxury Safari Camps | Governors’ il Moran Camp | Masai Mara Boutique Hotels | Governors Camp Masai Mara Rates | Governors Camp Accommodation Prices | Little Governors’ Camp | Masai Mara Governors Camp | Flights to Governors Camp Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Hotels Lodges & Camps
Governors Camp is a luxury camp situated in the Musiara area right in the heart of the world-famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, in the forest along the winding banks of the Mara River its waters teeming with bird life, hippo, and crocodiles.
The camp is located approximately 320 km southwest of Nairobi, 45 Minutes away by air from Nairobi Wilson Airport, and 6 hours by road. Musiara Airstrip is 15 minutes drive away.
The governors’ Camp setting is magical, so much so that almost a century ago it was reserved, exclusively, for Kenya’s colonial Governors and their royal visitors. The camp has the best wildlife viewing location in the Reserve perfect for couples, families, and friends wanting to experience the best of Masai Mara.
The camp has 37 tents comprising 24 twin tents, 12 double tents, and 1 Suite all with en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water and a flushing toilet. Some of the 37 tents line the riverbank, tucked into the forest they enjoy uninterrupted views over the Mara River, others have views across the sweeping plains of the Masai Mara.
The entire camp is under canvas with all of the comforts of a luxury hotel, big tents, bright and allows in lots of natural light. The tents are classic safari style each with en-suite bathrooms, a seating area, a clothes rack, and a private verandah with outdoor furniture.
The camp also has family tents available for close groups or for those traveling with young children. Electric lights in the tents with 220 Volt UK plugs for charging cameras and phones. Wi-fi is also available in the camp.
There’s an open-sided bar and dining tent with a view over the Mara River and the open plains of the Masai Mara. Spa tent offers a range of treatments including facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. Meals are served al fresco and the campfire is lit at sunset.
The area surrounding Governors Camp is home to substantial herds of elephants, hippos, and buffalo whilst also providing a home for the herds of migrating zebra and wildebeest.
Activities at the camp include; game drives, hot air balloon safaris, village visits, bush breakfasts, walking safaris, guided bush walks bush dinners and sun-downers.
Governors Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Governors Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation (3 Meals per person per night) + bottled water + Airstrip Transfers + Transport to Local Masai Villages + 3 Game Drives Daily into the famous Masai Mara National Reserve + Laundry
|Dates To||Single Tent
1st Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||500 US Dollars||1,000 US Dollars||330 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||31st May 2023||355 US Dollars||710 US Dollars||
240 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||500 US Dollars||1,000 US Dollars||330 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||890 US Dollars||1,420 US Dollars||
470 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|15th Dec 2023||500 US Dollars||1,000 US Dollars||330 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2023||31st Dec 2023||890 US Dollars||1,420 US Dollars||
470 US Dollars
* Kindly request special resident rates
* Justus Suite Governors – Camp supplement 120 US Dollars per night for the Suite
* 9 Days 8 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari exclusively Governors Camps | Click Here
Governors’ Camp Masai Mara Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Drinks and personal expenses
* Extra lunch – 45 US dollars Per Person
* Easter/ Christmas Holiday supplements
* Bush Lunch supplement – 61 US Dollars Per Person
* Bush Dinner supplement – 75 US Dollars Per Person
* Bush Breakfast supplement – 61 US Dollars Per Person
* Exclusive use of vehicle / Masai Mara – 300 US dollars per day
* Internal/ Domestic Flights to/ from Masai Mara Game Reserve
* Masai cultural village visit – Adult – 50 US Dollars Per Person & Child – 30 US Dollars Per Child
* Walking Safari (Excluding Park Fees) – Adult – 220 US Dollars Per Person & Child – 130 US Dollars Per Child
* Mara Park Fees (Non-Residents) – Adult – 70 US Dollars Per Person Per day & Child – 40 US Dollars Per Child Per day
* Hot air balloon rides are 550 US Dollars and 400 US Dollars per child (under 12 years) plus AMREF and Landing fees are payable per person 60 US Dollars per adult & 30 US Dollars per child