Hammerkop Migration Camp Masai Mara
Hammerkop Migration Camp is a luxury safari located camp within the inner region of the Masai Mara National Reserve, on Paradise Plains on the bank of the Mara River. The camp is a few minutes’ drives from the Musiara Swamp area within easy reach of several wildebeest crossings on the Mara River.
The area thrives with wildlife and birds, and your game drives commence immediately after you leave the unfenced camp with barely any distance covered before reaching the prime wildlife viewing areas. The area itself is famous for leopards.
The Camp is about 300 km from Nairobi and driving time takes about 6 hours or about 45 minutes by air. The camp can be reached by road or by flying into Musiara airstrip which is just 15 minutes away. There are daily scheduled flights from Samburu, Lamu, Malindi, Mombasa, Diani, and Wilson Airport, Nairobi.
Hammerkop Migration Camp has 7 luxury en-suite canvas tents including a family tent with a private lounge, all with memorable views of the Mara river and the prolific woodland and beaches on the opposite bank.
Each of the exclusive guest tents has a separate bathroom providing a hot water shower, hand-washing basins, and flushing toilets. The distance between each tent has been considered to improve their privacy and views over the Mara River and the distant Soit Oloololo escarpment.
The camp offers a true bush experience with a very private atmosphere and personalized service with staff always on hand to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Meals are served in the lounge tent; the large mess tent has a dining area and separates seating area views over the waterhole and towards the distant escarpment and on occasion are interrupted by a herd of elephants walking past. Dinner is at its best under the African sky’s blanket of stars.
There is a fully stocked bar overlooking the campsite and a photo tent dedicated to the use of computers, downloading pictures from memory cards, and recharging batteries.
Hammerkop Migration Camp activities include; guided game drives, bush walks cultural visits and hot-air balloon safaris.
Hammerkop Migration Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Hammerkop Migration Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation (3 meals daily) + tea’s and coffees & campfire snacks
|Dates To||Single Tent
|Child (4-12 Years)
Sharing with Parents
Child (4-12 Years)
4th Jan 2024
|31st Jan 2024||550 US Dollars||750 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||290 US Dollars|
|1st Feb 2024||28th Feb 2024||680 US Dollars||930 US Dollars||250 US Dollars||
350 US Dollars
1st Mar 2024
|30th Jun 2024||550 US Dollars||750 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||290 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2024||31st Oct 2024||680 US Dollars||930 US Dollars||250 US Dollars||
350 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|15th Dec 2024||550 US Dollars||750 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||290 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2024||3rd Jan 2025||680 US Dollars||930 US Dollars||250 US Dollars||
350 US Dollars
* Extra lunch High Season 50 US Dollars
* Balloon Safaris 500 US Dollars per person
* Extra packed lunch 30 US Dollars per person
* Exclusive use of the vehicle -High Season 450 US Dollars
* Exclusive use of the camp can be granted for groups of 8 guests
* Children below 3 years old sharing with parents in one tent are free
* Extra Game Drive in a shared 4×4 vehicle High Season 50 US Dollars
* Masai Village Visit instead or part of a game drive 30 US Dollars per person estimated
* Laundry service to be paid directly at the camp. Water is scarce so we can only assist with emergency laundry
* Christmas and new year supplement applicable on 24th, 25th, 26th December and 31st December to 1st January 25 US Dollars per adult per night & 15 US Dollars per child per night
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Exclude;
* Park fees
* Balloon Safaris
* Park Entry Fees
* Telephone calls
* Safari shop purchases
* All items of a personal nature
* All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages