Uganda Balloon Safari | Hot air balloon safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda | Hot Air Balloon Safaris Uganda | Uganda Balloon Safari | Balloon Tours Uganda | Hot air balloon safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda | Uganda Day Tours | Hot Air Balloon Murchison Falls National Park Uganda | Murchison Falls National Park Balloon Safaris | Balloon Tours Uganda Ltd | Uganda Balloon Tours Uganda Balloon Safaris | Uganda Hot Air Balloons | Queen Elizabeth National Park Hot Air Balloon Safari
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Uganda ballooning adventure begins early in the morning when you leave your camp or lodge to get to the meeting point at the Kasenyi gate of Queen Elizabeth National Park at 0530 hours.
This early drive in the dark offers you a chance to see nocturnal animals that live in and around the park.
0530 Hours: On arrival to the Kasenyi gate of Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will follow the ground crew to the site that has been chosen for lift off. The specific location changes daily based on current wind and weather conditions.
When you arrive at the lounging site, you will meet your pilot and be given a safety briefing and instructions for boarding the balloon as well as landing procedures.
As the ground crew unpack the balloon, passengers can sip on a steaming cup of coffee or tea and watch the cold inflation of the balloon. This is done using two large petrol powered fans that fill the balloon with cold air.
0630 Hours: Once the balloon is mostly inflated but still lying on its side, the ground, the crew will invite you inside the balloon. It is overwhelming how large it is.
The 16 passenger balloon has a capacity of 300,000 cubic feet. Inside, you will learn about the ropes that are used by the pilot to control the balloon Toast upon landing during flight.
When the balloon is mostly inflated with cold air, the pilot enters the basket while it is still lying its side and begins to further inflate the balloon with hot air.
With the addition of the hot air, the balloon slowly begins to rise in the air and uprights itself. When the balloon is completely vertical, it is time for passengers to climb into the basket and prepare for lift off.
For approximately an hour, you will float over the savannah of Queen Elizabeth NP. The pilot will fly at varying altitudes during your flight to give you different perspectives, taking advantage of the wind currents at the varying altitudes.
No two flights are the same ensuring that your experience is truly unique. The flight gives passengers great photo opportunities that are different from an ordinary safari on the ground.
As you gently drift over the park, you can watch the sun rise as savannah below come to life with birds and animals. Kasenyi is where our balloon flights take place.
Lift off just before sunrise and drift over the Euphorbia trees and thickets in search of lion, leopard, elephant, kob and other antelope while having panoramic views of Lake George and the Rwenzori Mountains.
0745 Hours: After landing, in keeping with an old ballooning tradition, the pilot and passengers celebrate the flight with a glass of sparkling wine. After the toast, passengers sit down to a delectable bush breakfast prepared by Mweya Safari Lodge.
0800 Hours: The bush breakfast makes for a memorable ending to your ballooning adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
0900 Hours: After breakfast, at about 9AM, you will have a game drive back to your camp or lodge.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Uganda Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Years Child|
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||420 US Dollars||350 US Dollars|
- All children flying have to be accompanied by an adult
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris does not carry children under 3 years of age
- Child Policy: 3 – 11 years is consider a child above 12 years is considered and adult
- Balloon Tours Uganda Ltd operate the Hot air Balloon adventure in Uganda from Mweya Safari Lodge
- Balloon Safari flights depart daily from the Kasenyi gate (Queen Elizabeth National Park) at 0530 Hours
- Currently, Balloon Tours Uganda has one balloon in operation that carries 16 passengers and flies over Queen Elizabeth National Park
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Uganda Price includes:
- Sparkling wine + bush breakfast
- Game drive on route to the lodge or camp
- All VAT, state levies, service charge and related taxes
- Breakfast beverages: champagne, tea, coffee and juice
- 24 Hours-7 days office and cellular emergency contact details while in Uganda
- All point-to-point personalized transfer service to the balloon site as in the program
- First class transportation in a custom designed safari vehicle abiding by vehicle standards
- All gratuities except to driver-guides, game rangers, escort, and lodge, hotel, camp or bar staff
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Uganda Prices exclude:
- Flights to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Queen Elizabeth National Park accommodation
- Communication charges, visas, international airfares
- Personal expenses such flying doctor service, travelers insurance
- Meals, drinks, excursions, optional activities or sightseeing not included in the itinerary