Ishasha Wilderness Camp Queen Elizabeth National Park | Ishasha Wilderness Camp Accommodation Rates | Ishasha Wilderness Camp Room Prices | Queen Elizabeth National Park | Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge | Queen Elizabeth National Park Hotels | Hotels in Queen Elizabeth National Park | Queen Elizabeth Luxury Lodges Uganda | Queen Elizabeth Budget hotels | Queen Elizabeth National Park Campsites | Queen Elizabeth Uganda | Queen Elizabeth National Park Accommodations | Queen Elizabeth National Park Hotels Camps Lodges
Ishasha Wilderness Camp is a tented safari accommodation situated within the Southern Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park on the Ntungwe river.
By Road; The Ishasha sector of the park is a full day’s drive from Entebbe or Kampala, 4 hours drive from Fort Portal, 6 hours drive from Lake Mburo, and 2 hours drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park (Mweya Peninsula) to the North or 2 hours from Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to the south.
By Air; Twice daily scheduled light-aircraft flights land at the nearby Kihihi airstrip approximately 45 minutes drive from the camp. It is also possible to charter a flight to Kihihi from Entebbe or various locations around Uganda or other major hubs in East Africa.
This exclusive camp blends the magic of a wilderness tented camp with superb service in this unspoiled and remote region of the National Park. The Ishasha savannahs are famous for their population of tree climbing lions that can sometimes be spotted resting in the branches of the large fig trees.
The camp has 10 tented rooms. set within the riverine forest, each of the camp’s tent stylized rooms have a private verandah overlooking the river. Comfortably furnished with large mosquito-netted beds, all rooms are en suite with hot ‘bush’ showers, running water for hand-basins, and a flushing ‘eco-friendly’ toilet.
The thatched central lounge and dining area provide a comfortable setting for meals and relaxation. Meals are freshly prepared with many local ingredients, offering a balance of international and locally flavored cuisine.
The bar has a selection of local and imported beverages. Free Wi-Fi internet and a gift/local craft shop are also available.
Activities available from Ishasha Wilderness Camp Include; Sundowners, Bush breakfasts, Community Tours & Visits, Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge, cruising the Kazinga Channel, Birding and Wildlife Walk at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Being within the park the wildlife is free to also pass through the camp and elephants can be seen bathing in the river, buffalo enjoy grazing, and resident troops of Black-and-White Colobus and vervet monkeys are frequently viewed.
Ishasha Wilderness Camp Accommodation Rate
Ishasha Wilderness Camp Accommodation Rate Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation (3 meals per day) + House drinks (water, sodas, house wines, local beers, and Ugandan spirits) + current government taxes and Value Added Tax subject to change
|Dates To||Single Room
Child Aged 5-12 Years Sharing
1st Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||420 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||180 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||31st Mar 2022||360 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
1st Apr 2022
|31st May 2022||300 US Dollars||540 US Dollars||130 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2022||30th Jun 2022||360 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
1st Jul 2022
|30th Sep 2022||420 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||180 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2022||31st Oct 2022||360 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
1st Nov 2022
|30th Nov 2022||300 US Dollars||540 US Dollars||130 US Dollars|
1st Dec 2022
|31st Dec 2022||420 US Dollars||690 US Dollars||
180 US Dollars
* Child aged 0-4 years sharing with adults – Free
* Ishasha Community Project Visitors Fee Per Person – 15 US Dollars
* Additional activities: meals, premium/special drinks, and other services taken at the camp
* Check-in time is 1.00 pm and check-out time is 10.00 am unless otherwise agreed with lodge/camp management
* Easter and Christmas Holiday Period supplements are not included in the rates and are subject to confirmation when booking
* Sundowners in the Park – Drinks and Snacks included Per Person (Minimum 2 guests & Maximum 20 Persons) – 28 US Dollars
* Laundry services (by hand and subject to weather) are available at the establishments without charge for guests staying two nights or more
* Bush Breakfast – per person, (Minimum 3 guests & Maximum 12 Persons) Private Basis Bush Breakfast Minimum fee of 6 persons – 60 US Dollars
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Airstrip transfers
* Drinks & Extra Meals
* Items of a personal nature
* Premium brand spirits and wines
* Game drives and excursions from the camp
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance
* National Park Entry and other Uganda Wildlife Authority fees
* Future Generations Trust of 10 US Dollars Per Person Per Night
* Transportation, airport, and flight taxes. Transfers to and from the camp
Airstrip & Road Transfers:
* Private Vehicle Guarantee – Half Day – 210 US Dollars
* Private Vehicle Guarantee – Full Day – 290 US Dollars
* Between Ishasha Wilderness Camp and Kibale area – per one-way transfer – 720 US Dollars
* Between Kihihi airstrip and Ishasha Wilderness Camp – per one-way transfer – 190 US Dollars
* Between Ishasha Wilderness Camp and Buhoma Lodge – per one-way transfer – 285 US Dollars
* Game Drives (AM or PM) or Ishasha Community visit Transport to/from IWC – 200 US Dollars
* Between Ishasha Wilderness Camp and Mweya area QENP – per one-way transfer – 500 US Dollars