Julia’s River Camp Buffalo Camp | Julia’s River Camp Masai Mara Nature Reserve | Julia’s River Camp Buffalo Budget Camp | Masai Mara National Reserve Accommodation | Maasai Mara Hotels | Masai Mara Lodges | Masai Mara Camps | Masai Mara Campsites | Julia’s River Camp Hippo Luxury Camp | Julia’s River Camp VIP Camp | Julia’s River Camp Classic Superior Tent | Julia’s River Camp Masai Mara National Park | Julia’s River Camp Talek | Masai Mara Budget Safari Hotels Lodges & Camps
Julia’s River Camp (Buffalo Camp) Masai Mara is a semi-luxury tented camp located along the banks of the Talek River in Masai Mara. The Buffalo Camp is 12 Classic Superior tents forming part of Julia’s River Camp.
The Camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 250 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time takes about 45 minutes.
The Classic Superior tents host up to a maximum of 3 guests. Each tent has sewn-in mosquito nets, comfortable beds with fine cotton sheets and duvets, bedside tables, solar-powered lighting, and private en-suite bathroom with hot running water throughout the day, and a regular flushing toilet.
Furthermore, the Classic Superior tents have a 90% exterior shade netting roof, for a cooler tent and have a larger bathroom and bedroom, offering the best combination of price and comfort.
Two small safety boxes which can be secured with the guests’ own padlocks are available for storing small valuable items. Views of the river Talek can be enjoyed from the private elevated wooden verandah.
A game package plan is available which includes 2 daily game drives in our exclusive 4×4 Toyota land cruisers, specially designed and adapted for safari. Our experienced driver guides are at your service, to ensure you encounter the most spectacular wildlife experience in the most famous nature reserve in the world.
The tents are located in different sections of the camp and feature a seating area, solar-powered lighting, and an en-suite bathroom with hot-running water 24 hours a day. Towels are also provided.
Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant with special diet menus available on request. The property also offers packed lunches. All meals are served in the Buffalo Mess Tent, where guests can relax and enjoy a drink at the end of a long day’s safari.
Julia’s River Camp (Buffalo Camp) Masai Mara activities include; nature walks, Maasai village visits, bush dinners & balloon safari, and game drives in open 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers.
Julia's River Camp Buffalo Camp Non-Residents Accommodation Rates
Julia’s River Camp Buffalo Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation
Buffalo Camp (Classic Superior Tent)
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
7th Jan 2023
|30th Jun 2023||180 US Dollars||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||200 US Dollars||340 US Dollars||
440 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|19th Dec 2023||180 US Dollars||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||6th Jan 2024||200 US Dollars||340 US Dollars||
440 US Dollars
* Children aged 0 to 5 years: stay free of charge
* Hot Air Balloon Safari: 495 US Dollars per person
* Children 0-16 years old must share a tent with an adult
* Masai Mara National Reserve entry fees are NOT included in the rates
* Check-In time is from 12 Noon while the Check-out time is until 1000 Hours
* VIP Camp full board includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, mineral water, tea, coffee, wine, beer, and sodas
* Hippo Camp & Buffalo Camp Full Board includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, mineral water, tea, and coffee
* Masai Mara National Reserve entry fees of 80 US Dollars per adult per day & 45 US Dollars per child per day
* Family rooms: available upon request in Buffalo and VIP camps. Maximum 4 guests (or 4 plus 1 infant) with at least one child of 5-16 years in the party
* Hot Air Balloon Safari: Please, contact us for prices
* Minimum 2 people (only for Game Package Programme)
* Private safari (a safari vehicle for yourself) – 50 USD supplement/day/ person
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Tourism Developments Levy
* Transfer to and from the Lodge
* Masai Mara National Reserve entry fees
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance