Kembu Campsite Njoro Nakuru | Njoro Camping Accommodation | Best Camping Sites Nakuru Kenya | Njoro Lodges and Camps | Farm Stay Njoro Nakuru Lodges Njoro Accommodation | Kembu Cottages Campsite | Kembu Camping | Kembu Nakuru | Kenana Farm Njoro Kenana Dairy Farm Njoro | Nightingale Farm Njoro | Nakuru Campsites | Njoro Campsites | Top Hotels Accommodation Njoro | Kembu Cottages and Campsite
Kembu Campsite in Kenana Farm is found just outside Nakuru about 180 Kilometers from Nairobi and is a convenient stopover point for those planning trips to Lake Bogoria or Lake Baringo en-route to the Masai Mara. Within easy reach are Lake Nakuru National Park, Lakes Baringo & Bogoria National Parks, Mount Kiplombe, Loindiani, and the Mau to name but a few.
Kembu campsite is located on a large 900 acre/ 400ha farm just 8 km beyond Njoro and 30 minutes from Nakuru Town. The hotel is only 2.5 hour drive from Nairobi, Kenya.
Kembu Cottages are owned by the Nightingales family and are located on Kembu Farm overlooking the Great Rift Valley – an ideal weekend getaway for anyone looking for fresh air, beautiful countryside, and very comfortable, modern accommodation. The peaceful setting of Kembu Campsite is found just outside Nakuru.
At Kembu there are nice and safe Field Centres from which to base all experiences, from camping in the garden to camping out on the farm, in the woods, and eventually to go and hike multi-day expeditions through the forests of Mount Koibatek and Mount Kiplombe.
The campsite also sets up tree tents in one of the bits of woodland out on the farm for a real nature fix. The tents can sleep up to 3 guests and are set up with a hammock underneath as a daytime chill-out area. There are no campfire scars on the lawns, only established cooking areas where guests can prepare their own meals or have the meals prepared for them.
The camp has terraced gardens for guests to have their own separate areas and privacy. There is a fire pit up by the bar, an ideal venue for guests to relax and unwind under the starry skies while enjoying drinks.
There are numerous day trips within easy reach of the farm. This includes Lake Nakuru National Park, Lake Bogoria National Reserve, Menengai Crater, hikes into the Mau Forest on Mt Loindiani, and up Kiplombe Valley.
Kembu Farm Campsite activities include: Collecting eggs, farm walks, machine milking at the Dairy, hand milking, feeding the calves, visiting the horses and foals, sheep shearing, spinning, and carding demonstration, bird walking, visiting knitting project, and shop.
Additional activities are chameleon walk, butter making, bushcraft (fire lighting, shelter/ tent construction, cooking bread dough on a stick), archery, obstacle course, wide games, marshmallow cooking, around a fire, and bar games – pool, darts, etc.
Kembu Campsite Njoro Nakuru Accommodation Rates
The Rate for Camping (Grounds Only) Per Night on a Self-Catering Basis;
Camping Rates Per Day Per
1st January 2023
|31st December 2023||
1,500 Kenya Shillings
* Kembu offers complimentary Farm walks
* Bedding Hire – per adult or child/day – 10 US Dollars
* Half Board and full-board rates are available upon request
* Stretcher Bed With Bedding Hire – per adult or child/day – 15 US Dollars
* Tent Hire – per 2 adults or children per tent/day – From 15 US Dollars to 30 US Dollars
* Camping Rates are for camping grounds only(with own camping equipment) on a self-catering basis
* Kembu offers complimentary Farm walks. Other organized activities are charged for Archery, Orienteering, Educational, Obstacle Courses, Bird Walks, Chameleon walks, forest crafts, etc. Charged per person for a full day, half-day, or per single activity
Restaurant Catering (Set Meal of the Day) Set Meals served at the Restaurant
* Snack Menu available at the restaurant
* Adult Single meal – 20 US Dollars & Child (5 – 12 years) – 15 US Dollars
* Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch – Adult – 40 US Dollars & Child (5 – 12 years) 30 US Dollars
* Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch – Adult – 30 US Dollars & Child (5 – 12 years) 25 US Dollars
Large Group Restaurant Catering (Set Meal of the Day)
* Groups of 10 Persons or over-served ‘buffet style in the Kembu Restaurant @ 15 US Dollars per set meal per person regardless of age – advanced booking required. All Meals MUST be ordered well in advance of the time you would like to eat – All drinks are chargeable separately