Kiba Point Camp Nyerere National Park Tanzania | Nomad Kiba Point Camp | Kiba Point Camp Selous | Kiba Point Camp Rates | Kiba Point | Selous Game Reserve Tanzania | Nyerere National Park Tanzania Accommodation | Accommodation Near Rufiji River River | Kiba Point Private Safari Lodge | Private Bush Home | Kiba Point Private Hideaway in Nyerere National Park | Kiba Point on the banks of the Rufiji River | Kiba Point 4 Cottages Rooms | Kiba Point Camp Accommodate Small and Private Groups | Top lodges in Nyerere National Park | Luxury Hotels in Nyerere National Park | Nyerere Accommodation Safari Lodges and Hotel
Kiba Point is a small luxury safari accommodation located on the banks of Rufiji River in the Nyerere National Park formally Selous Game Reserve, a totally exclusive little retreat in the heart of one of the most game-rich areas in Nyerere National Park.
The camp is only bookable on an exclusive basis only, the entire lodge is yours for the duration along with private vehicles, guides, and activities in the area. This exclusivity is what provides the camp with its reputation for guaranteeing its guests an experience that is at once homely and luxurious.
The camp can be reached via daily flights to the Kiba airstrip from Dar es Salaam, Ruaha, Zanzibar, and northern Tanzania. Driving from Dar es Salaam to Nyerere National Park takes about 7 hours.
Kiba Point Camp has 4 cottages, each with timber, stone, and thatched roof. All cottages are raised above ground level and completely open-fronted, enabling guests to enjoy the beautiful river views. The lodge is designed for private groups each with an en-suite bathroom, plunge pool, and verandah.
One of the suites is complete with a children’s annex so that you can keep your youngsters close. You’ll fall asleep and wake to the rhythm of nature, with no barrier between you and the wilderness beyond your veranda. Vast, king-sized beds form the centerpiece of your room, with natural wood décor throughout that keeps with the natural setting outside.
Bathrooms are all en-suite with flush toilets, Indoor and outdoor showers as well as hot water on demand, and free Wi-fi. The main lodge has a central swimming pool, a restaurant and a bar with stunning views of the river and hippos often wallow in the shallows nearby. The camp has a fire pit too, set up just a few meters from the river.
Nyerere National Park is home to several species of wildlife: lions, wildebeests, giraffes, zebras, hippopotamuses, rhinos, antelopes, hyenas, African wolves, and a large number of crocodiles in the Rufiji River. Most notably the park is also known for its prolific population of African Wild Dogs.
Activities available from Kiba Point Camp include; game drives, fly camping, walking safaris, swimming, bush dining, fishing, and boat safaris. The remote location permits game drives, walking safaris, and boating trips on the river, as you encounter lions, buffalo, elephants, and of course the ever-elusive wild dog.
Kiba Point Camp Accommodation Rates
Exclusive Use of Kiba Point Camp Rate includes;
Full Board Accommodation + Drinks (except Champagne and premium wines) + Laundry & Tourism Development Levy
Exclusive Camp Use – Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Per Camp ( 1-4 Guests)||
5th Jan 2022
|15th Mar 2022||2,300 US Dollars||350 US Dollars|
|16th Mar 2022||31st May 2022||Closed||
1st Jun 2022
|30th Jun 2022||2,300 US Dollars||350 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||31st Oct 2022||3,700 US Dollars||
550 US Dollars
1st Nov 2022
|20th Dec 2022||2,300 US Dollars||350 US Dollars|
21st Dec 2022
|4th Jan 2023||3,700 US Dollars||
550 US Dollars
* Minimum 2-night stay at Kiba Point Camp
* The camp is only bookable on an exclusive basis only
* Tanapa and NCAA park activity fees need to be added seperately
* Nearest airstrip – Kiba airstrip – 20 minutes drive to the camp
* Private Camp Car & Guide – Per Vehicle per Day – 475 US Dollars
* NB; Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
* Bush meals
* AMREF Evacuation Cover
* Nyerere National Park fees
* Transfers to the nearest airstrip
* Gratuities and shop purchases
* Champagne and premium wines
* Park entry, park overnight, and park activity fees
* Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
National Park/ Conservation Area Fees
* Fly Camping Park Fees – Adult 59 US Dollars & Child – 12US Dollars
* Nyerere National Park fees – Adult 83 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 24 US Dollars
* Overnight Fees Per night – Adult 59 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 12 US Dollars
* Night Game Drives Park Fees –Adult 59 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 30 US Dollars
* Activity Park Fees Game Package Only – Both for Shared & Private (Per 24 hours) – Adult 53 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 39US Dollars
Check-in – Check-out Time
* Rooms will be available from 1300hrs on the day of arrival. Early check-in will be subject to the manager’s discretion on the day of arrival
* Rooms must be vacated by 1000hrs. Clients wishing to keep their rooms for longer will be charged 75% of the room rate in the High Season and 50% in the Low Season
Children Rates & Policy
* The minimum age is 5 years to 21 years
* Child park entry and camping/concession fees apply to up to 16 years
* Children aged 12 years and under must share a room or family tent/room with an adult
* Children under 12 years are not permitted to walk, chimp, or fly camp due to safety reasons
* A child occupying a single room will be charged at the full adult rate plus a single supplement
Family Rooms & Triple – Family rooms sleep 2 Adults and 2 Children
* The camp can accommodate up to two triples in each camp – the third bed in a room is suitable for up to 16 years only and we do not allow 3 adults in a triple