Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island Lodge Day Trip | Rusinga Island Day Tour | Rusinga Island Lake Victoria Day Tour | Lake Victoria Rusinga island Excursion | 1 Day Rusinga – Lake Victoria – Kisumu | Kisumu Day Trips | Kisumu Day Tours | Rusinga Island Lodge | Mfangano Island Lodge | Rusinga Lodge Mbita | Rusinga Island Lodge
Rusinga Island Day Trip offers a colorful and exciting 1-day excursion from Kisumu to Rusinga Island Lodge located in Mbita on the world’s second-largest freshwater – Lake Victoria.
Our Rusinga Island Lodge offers endless choices of activities. These include:
* Boat rides to bird Islands for bird watching
* Boat rides to the nearby white sandy beaches of Takawiri Island
* Fishing for Legendary, giant Nile Perch along the shoes or cast for tilapia off the jetty
* Water Sports activities such as Jet-Ski, Water-skis, Mono-skis, Kneeboard, Banana, Kayaks
* Relax at the lodge and play a selection of board games in the mess as well as croquet and boules
* Visit Lake Simbi – home to millions of flamingos who migrated from Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria
* For the active you can ride mountain bikes for those wishing to take some exercise near the lodge or try a 19 km ride around the Island
* Visit a Women’s Orphan Group nearby to see how widowed mothers make soap, tailoring, basket weaving, beadwork, patchwork, etc
* Relax at the lodge and enjoy Rusinga Spa which offers massages, scrubs, wraps, Indian head massages, Spa Manicures, and pedicures
* Visit Ruma National Park – a 30-minute boat ride followed by a short drive to the park to see Rothschild Giraffe, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Oribi, and Bohor Red buck, Leopard, etc
* Fossil Sites: a walk behind the lodge brings you to the site where in 1948, Mary Leaky discovered Proconsul Heseloni – The first “missing link” together with a dazzling array of 18 million-year-old fossilized remains of mammals, fish, insects, reptiles, and plants
Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island Lodge Day Trip Itinerary
0530 Hours: After an early breakfast at your hotel/ residence depart by road for a transfer to Luanda K’Otieno in Uyoma, Rarieda where the 90-kilometer Kisumu-Luanda K’Otieno tarmacked road ends and Lake Victoria begins.
Road transfer from Kisumu International Airport to the Lodge through Luanda Kotieno via the ferry.
0730 Hours: We arrive at Luanda K’Otieno in good time for our ferry which departs on scheduled timings (0800 Hours). Luanda K’Otieno is more like of trading centre and a vital harbor that links commuters to Mbita Town across Lake Victoria.
0800 Hours: The ferry departs Luanda K’Otieno and sails to Mbita. Mbita channel is an important economic passage for residents of the low-laying locations within these two regions as well as the two major fishing islands of Rusinga.
0900 Hours: After an hour’s ride, the ferry docks in Mbita, which is linked to Rusinga Island by a 200-meter causeway. You will be met and transferred to Rusinga Island Lodge. There are tons to do and see for the adventurous.
1300 Hours: Lunch is served at the lodge
1630 Hours: We transfer you to the ferry for a return trip from Mbita to Luanda K’Otieno.
1700 Hours: Ferry departs Mbita for Luanda K’Otieno.
1800 Hours: Arrive at Luanda K’Otieno and transfer you by road back to Kisumu.
2000 Hours: Arrive back at your hotel/ residence
Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island Lodge Day Trip Prices
Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island Lodge Day Trip Rates Includes:
Lunch + Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island 1 day Trip + Professional English speaking guides + All entry fees, guide fee, service charge, and taxes & Pickup from your hotel in Kisumu City and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child Aged 3 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Our day trip from Kisumu could also visit Mfangano Island Camp on Lake Victoria. Kindly request before booking
* What to Bring on the Day Trip: Sun protection (hats, sun cream, glasses), ankle-length walking boots and trousers for walking, light windproof jacket, jersey, swimwear, binoculars, cameras, and film.
Kisumu Day Tours Rusinga Island Lodge Day Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers Insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares, and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)