Lake Kenyatta Day Game Drive Safari Lamu Island | Lamu Island Day Tours | Game Drive Safari to Lake Kenyatta | Lamu Mainland Boat Safaris | Lamu Day Tours | Lamu Island Excursions | Lamu Island wildlife safaris
Lake Kenyatta Day Game Drive Safari Lamu Island is a full day excursion to Lake Kenyatta – a fresh water lake located 2.5 km’s on the southwest of the town of Mpeketoni.
Our day tour begins with sailing from Lamu Island to the Mokowe Jetty on the mainland. We then board our safari vehicle to Mpeketoni about 45 km’s southwest of Mokowe jetty on the coast.
Along the way from Lamu Island to Mpeketoni we see huge mango trees. Mpeketoni town is said to be on a route that was used by the Arab traders taking their commodities “slaves” to Lamu Island.
The mangoes are also said to have grown from the seeds of the mangoes slaves were eating. We arrive mid morning at the township of Mpeketoni and proceed to Lake Kenyatta located 2.5 km’s southwest of Mpeketoni.
Once at the Lake we proceed on a game drive along the fresh water lake and the wildlife areas.
Lake Kenyatta is home to baboons, monkeys, zebras, hippos, warthogs, buffalos, waterbucks, topis, hyenas, mongooses, pythons, dikdiks, impalas, hedgehogs and other seasonal game.
Also, a large number of wild birds are found here. These include mouse birds, flycatchers, bee-eaters, sunbirds, storks, egrets, herons, Vultures, weavers, Ibises and eagles.
We enjoy viewing hippos in the lake and also have an option of doing sport fishing with hooks. Later we have lunch at Mpeketoni town, followed by a mini-shopping tour and travel back to Lamu Island.
Lake Kenyatta Day Game Drive Safari Lamu Island Prices
Lake Kenyatta Day Game Drive Safari Rates Includes:
Lunch + Return boat trip + road transfers to Lake Kenyatta & Game drive with the company of an experience driver guide
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 3 to 11 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This trip is for maximum of 2 persons and requires advance booking notice
* This tour departs daily and depending on the tide level, it is possible to organize the trip in the early morning or late afternoon
Lake Kenyatta Day Game Drive Safari Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodation in Lamu
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary