Laragai House Laikipia is a luxury safari villa located in Borana Conservancy, Laikipia adjacent to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. It is situated 17 miles north of the equator (Nanyuki). Borana Conservancy is Kenya’s newest and most successful rhino sanctuary. Laragai house has panoramic views into the Northern Frontier District, across the ranch, and up to Mount Kenya.
This luxury house is a 4-hour drive from Nairobi and a 1-hour drive from Nanyuki. There are daily scheduled flights from Nairobi Wilson airport to Lewa Downs where a guide will be there waiting for you and will take you on the one-and-a-half-hour game drive to Laragai House. You will have the opportunity to see the big five on the way. Laragai also has its own helicopter landing site and a private airstrip. Charter flights are welcome.
Laragai House Laikipia has 8 bedrooms: 4 luxurious double rooms and 2 twin rooms complete with spacious en-suite bathrooms plus two children’s twin rooms sharing a bathroom. The house can comfortably sleep 16 guests in complete luxury while remaining fully inclusive. Each room is unique in its own way, allowing guests to see the best of the conservancy from every view.
The two master bedrooms have fireplaces. The house is booked on an exclusive basis for a minimum of 6 guests. All food is freshly prepared in the kitchen. There is an onsite pool where guests can enjoy swimming sessions, a tennis court (racquets and balls provided), a croquet and gym with yoga equipment, a bike, a rowing machine, and a cross-trainer.
Iconic African wildlife found in Borana conservancy includes cheetahs, leopards, giraffes, impala, plains zebras, buffalos, and more than 400 species of birds! The plains animals include zebra (as well as the Grevy zebra, one of the endangered species and a delight to spot), Grants and Thompson gazelles, Oryx, Jackson hartebeest (endangered), impala, giraffe (including the diminishing reticulated giraffe), and buffalo.
Large House Laikipia Activities: fly fishing excursions to Mount Kenya, trail running, horseback riding (novice and experienced riders), and treetop canopy tours alongside traditional night and day game drives, bird watching, mountain biking, sun-downers, picnics, and bush dinners. Guests can also experience conservation first-hand by joining Borana rangers for wildlife tracking.
One can also relax in a ‘blind’ and let the wildlife come to you, visit nearby cultural villages, visit the adjacent Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, to see the endangered Grevy zebra, black, and white rhino, or take helicopter expeditions up Mt Kenya and beyond.
Other Accommodation Options in Laikipia | Click Here
Laragai House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Laragai House Laikipia Non-Residents Rates Per Night Include:
Full board accommodation + Local airstrip transfers + Sundowner excursions + Soft drinks, beers, house wines + Selected house spirits + Swimming pool & Tennis court + Laundry + Visit Kisima Floriculture Project + One horse riding excursion per person during their stay + Guided bush walks & All costings are inclusive of Value added Taxi
|Dates To||Exclusive Use
(Up to 6 guests)
Adult Per Night
6th Jan 2023
|31st May 2023||4,500 US Dollars||760 US Dollars||510 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2023||10th Sep 2023||5,200 US Dollars||870 US Dollars||
580 US Dollars
11th Sep 2023
|19th Dec 2023||4,500 US Dollars||760 US Dollars||510 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||5th Jan 2024||5,200 US Dollars||870 US Dollars||
580 US Dollars
* Children under the age of 4.99 stays free
* Laragai House can only be booked exclusively
* Laragai House is open all year round. Bookings for less than 6 guests need to be approved. Please inquire
* The house can sleep 16 people in three double en-suite bedrooms, four twin/double en-suite bedrooms, and two children’s twin/double bedrooms, sharing a bathroom
Laragai House Laikipia Non-Residents Rates Per Night Exclude;
* Fly Camping
* Personal Insurance
* Cultural visits – 30 US Dollars per person
* Helicopter excursions Available on request
* Gratuities and anything of a personal nature
* Champagne, premium spirits, and cellar wines
* Horseriding excursion – 80 US Dollars per person
* Borana Fly Camp “Set up Fee” (available on request)
* Pick up or drop off in Nanyuki 350 US Dollars one way
* Visit the Ngare Ndere Forest – 30 US Dollars per person
* Any extra horse riding excursions over the one-horse ride
* Late departure (with extra lunch) – 35 US Dollars per person
* Visits to Kisima Floriculture Project – 70 US Dollars per person
* Riding and fishing excursions to Mt Kenya Available on request
* Ngare Ndare Forest conservation fee – 40 US Dollars per person
* Borana Conservancy Fees 190 US Dollars Adult 95 US Dollars Children (5-15 years)
* Visits to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy fee – 134US Dollars per adult per day and 67 US Dollars per child (5-15 years) per day