Lavender Cottage Mukima House Laikipia is a self-catering 2-bedroom cottage in Nanyuki at the foothills of Mount Kenya Laikipia Kenya. The villa is built on Mukima Farm with clear views of Mount Kenya and the Loldaiga Hills from all corners of the property. Mukima Farm is located 6 km North of Nanyuki Town on the Timau road. Lavender Cottage is built on Mukima Farm and is a 20-minute drive from the sleepy but colorful town of Nanyuki, in the northern part of Kenya. The flying time is about one hour from Nairobi and Only 3.5 hours by road.
Lavender Cottage is a perfect cozy getaway for couples or small families looking for a safe environment to enjoy Kenya’s wild side, in the privacy of their own homes. A short walk the Mukima Lake sits this gorgeous cottage, nestled into the fauna and flora of the wild Mukima grounds, facing a breathtaking view of Mount Kenya.
Lavender Cottage is a self-catering 2-bedroom cottage that sits within the 300 acres of electric-fenced grounds of Mukima House Estate. This light, spacious and homey cottage provides a peaceful escape on the foothills of Mt Kenya. The bedroom layout is 1 double bed, 2 single beds sharing 1 large bathroom with tub and shower.
The Cottage has its own gate and 2-car garage with an elegantly fenced garden space around the cottage providing your own private sanctuary on the Mukima Estate. You will have Lavender Cottage and its garden all to yourself.
There is staff on call for any emergencies or questions at the main house. They will welcome you and show you Lavender Cottage on arrival. The house comes with free wifi.
The kitchen contains the basic tools needed for cooking and dining. You will find a stove, sink, fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster, pots, pans, tableware, crockery, glassware, and silverware. Towels and bed linens are provided as well.
Guests are able to access and explore the 300 acres of Mukima Estate using the popular walking paths that wind through the forest and plains. The only area that will be off-limits is the private gardens, pool, and tennis court of the main house.
Guests are welcome to row on the dam, walk through our forests and make the most of our spectacular bird watching and other games that live on the estate such as Bush Buck, Reid Buck, Duiker, White-Tailed Mongoose, Porcupine, Claw Foot Otters, Eland and more, the wildlife on Mukima are often seen drinking from the dam.
Other activities that are in close proximity to the house including Game drives, walking safaris, and horse riding can be arranged on nearby ranches and reserves, and visits to the Aberdares National Park, Samburu National Park, and Mount Kenya.
Other Accommodation Options in Laikipia | Click Here
Lavender Cottage Mukima House Laikipia Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Lavender Cottage Mukima House Laikipia Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Self-catering Basis
Cottage Rate Per Night
7th Jan 2023
|15th Dec 2023||350 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2023||6th Jan 2024||
500 US Dollars
* Minimum 2 nights
* Free Wi-Fi is available
* Request for Resident prices
* Full Board rates are available on request
* Check-in time is 1530 hours and checks out is 1100 Hours
* Main house private gardens, pool, and tennis court is off limits
* Mukima House Nanyuki vehicle will pick you up from the Nanyuki airstrip
* Rates are per House per night. Children under 12 years at 50% of adult rate
* Reservations for connecting flights from Nairobi can be organized through African Spice Safaris
* Special Events like weddings and parties can be held on the grounds. Marquees, tents and catering can be supplied by Mukima House Nanyuki
* Hiring of the Mukima House 4×4 Toyota Safari Car, which can comfortably fit 7 people, is not included for residents, however, it can be hired for 12,500ksh per half day
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* All alcohol
* Fishing trips
* Horse riding
* Scenic flights
* Game park entrance fees
* Massage and beauty treatments
* Horse Riding at Borana/ Kisima/ Solio and Golf at Nanyuki Club or Mt Kenya Safari Club and massage
* Day trip to Samburu, Fishing on Mt Kenya, Scenic flight to Ololokwe, Game Drive on Ol Pejeta, Fishing Trip to Lake Alice, Picnic Lunch on Solio Ranch, Sundowners at Loldaiga Hills, Excursion to Ngare Ndare Forest