Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Masai Mara | Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Ol Derekesi Conservancy | Accommodation at Ol Derekesi Conservancy | Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Rates | Maasai Mara National Reserve Luxury Lodges | Luxury Masai Mara Camps | Maasai Mara Luxury Tented Camps | Best Safari Lodges Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Accommodation | Masai Mara Boutique Hotels | Masai Mara Luxury Resorts | Best Luxury Boutique Hotels Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Lodges Hotels Tented Safari Camps
Leleshwa Seasonal Camp is an exclusive-use camp set in the heart of the Ol Derekesi Conservancy on the Mara Reserve boundary and overlooking the Sand River. This part of the Mara is the first to receive the vast herds each year as they cross the border from Tanzania.
Leleshwa Seasonal Camp is approximately 350 km or 6 hours’ drive from Nairobi and 45 minutes away by flight. Schedule flights land at Cottars orKeekorok airstrips while charter flights land at Cottars. The camp consists of 7 luxury tents, accommodating one party of up to 15 people.
The spacious, custom-made tents are set on raised earthen platforms and all have a private verandah with views over the Sand River valley and hills beyond. The tents are made from heavy-duty rip-stop canvas with insect-proof door and window lining. Each tent has a verandah with a table and chairs, en-suite bathroom facilities, Tea & Coffee Station with Snacks.
All beds have cotton linen, duvets (comforters), and heavy blankets. A hot water bottle is provided in the evening. The bathrooms have a wash table with hot & cold running water, Flushing ceramic toilets, Shower with hot & cold running water, a Wardrobe with hanging space, Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, vanity kit, sewing kit & shower cap.
There is a separate Dining and Lounge tents. Breakfast and lunch are served in the dining area or al fresco under the shade of the trees. Picnic breakfast and/or lunch can be served out on game drives. Dinner is served around a large dining table, dining-party style, in the Dining tent, or under the stars.
Other amenities include; Solar powered lighting available 24hrs, Flashlights, 240V charging facilities in each bedroom and in the main lounge, Lanterns illuminate the paths at night and guests are escorted to and from their tents.
Activities available from Leleshwa Seasonal Camp include; day & night game drives, bush walks, village & school visits, in-depth interaction with local communities, balloon, and helicopter rides, swimming, fishing, Maasai village visit, Bush walks, Balloon Flights, etc.
Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Masai Mara Accommodation Rates
2023-2024 Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Masai Mara Game Package Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch, dinner, picnic, and bush meals) + Standard beverages: water, tea, coffee, beer, house wine, non-luxury spirits + Laundry + Exclusive use of 1 open safari vehicle for every 6 guests on safari + Included in the vehicle: charging points, blankets, and ponchos, chairs
|Dates To||Up To 6 Adults||Per Extra Adult||Per Extra Child (Age 6-17 Years)||
Per Extra Child (Age 2-5 Years)
1st Jan 2023
|31st May 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jun 2023||31st Oct 2023||4,300 US Dollars||710 US Dollars||510 US Dollars||
140 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|31st May 2024||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jun 2024||31st Oct 2024||4,300 US Dollars||710 US Dollars||510 US Dollars||
140 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|31st Dec 2024||Closed||Closed||Closed||
* Minimum 2-night stay
* Exclusive for your group
* Children of all ages are welcome
* There is no Single Room supplement
* Traditional tented camp in a private Conservancy
* The minimum cost for camp is based on 6 adult guests
* In the heart of the action, the best that Kenya has to offer is on your doorstep
* Your menu, drinks list, and room configuration can all be pre-planned with you
* Phone signal limited around the camp but stronger in areas whilst out on game drives
* Lots of fun activities are available on the Conservancy to take a break from the vehicle
* True exclusivity in the bush, the camp is just for you with a private team of staff taking care of your every need
* The camp can be combined with a Luxury Mobile Camp in another part of the Maasai Mara or in a location of your choice throughout Kenya
* Sand river- fishing, splashing, and playing
* Day game drives in Maasai Mara Game Reserve
* Maasai village visit (excluding community donation)
* Day and night game drives in Ol Derekesi Conservancy
* Bush meals and sundowners in Ol Derekesi Conservancy
* Kids activities in camp with your guide and local Maasai staff (based on children’s ages)
* Bush walks, short accompanied by Maasai warriors and longer accompanied by armed rangers
Accompanying Guides and Staff:
* Private Guides are welcome
* EASV Driver-Guides lead and host the safari for guests
* Park, conservancy, and camping fees are charged as applicable
* Drivers – Tented staff accommodation with staff meals – 30 US Dollars per night
* Private Guides – Tented guide accommodation with guest meals and beverages – 125 US Dollars per night
Leleshwa Seasonal Camp Masai Mara Game Package Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Items of a personal nature
* Travel insurance, including Flying Doctors
* Guides accommodation (see rates above)
* Staff accommodation and meals – 30 US Dollars + applicable park fees
* Maasai village community donation – 30 US Dollars per adult and 15 US Dollars per child
* Specially requested wines, spirits, and tobacco (these can be arranged with sufficient advance notice)
* Park and Conservancy fees – Adult 143.50 US Dollars Per Person Per Day & Child Under 18Years pay 93.50 US Dollars Per Child Per Day
Leleshwa Seasonal Configuration:
* Lounge tent
* Dining tent
* Single camp with 7 tents
* 5 x Luxury Tent – Double/ Twin
* 2 x Luxury Suites – Double/Twin & Single in two separate rooms
Ol Derekesi Conservancy
Ol Derekesi Conservancy has possibly the lowest vehicle density of any part of the Mara ecosystem, meaning true privacy on game drives in the jewel in Kenya’s safari crown. Remote and topographically varied, the picturesque area has a wide variety of resident games to search for, regardless of where the migrating herds have reached.
A level of freedom and exclusivity that’s rare in the Mara. Unrestricted access to both the Ol Derekesi Conservancy and the Maasai Mara National Reserve. Cross the Sand River into
the Mara where you go further afield for a full day with picnic meals.
Part of an exclusive group of top-end safari operators using the remote and less visited part of the Maasai Mara National Reserve, between the Sand River and the Tanzania border. The area is usually the first to receive the wildebeest migration (usually in June).
The Conservancy is home to only two camps which provides exclusivity during game drives in a remote part of the Mara Reserve along the Sand River. Easy access to the Mara Reserve with full-day game drives with picnic meals.