Lewa House Laikipia | Lewa House Lewa Wildlife Conservancy Laikipia | Lewa Wildlife Conservancy Accommodation | Lewa House Rates | Lewa Hotels & Lodges | Lewa House | Lewa Wildlife Conservancy | Bookings for Lewa House | Lewa House Nanyuki | Hotels and Camps in Lewa | Lewa Conservancy Charges | Lewa Safari Marathon | Lewa Marathon | Where To Stay in Lewa Conservancy | Lewa House Bush Home | Lewa House Family Cottage | Lewa House Contacts | Laikipia Accommodation
Lewa House Laikipia is set on top of a hill in the heart of the 65,000 acres privately-owned Lewa Wildlife Conservancy a sanctuary within Kenya’s Lewa Downs. The bush home has an engaging panoramic view of the rolling landscape of the Conservancy, Mount Kenya to the south and the rugged Mathews Range, and the sacred mountain of Ol Olokwe to the north.
Lewa Downs Wildlife Conservancy is located in the Northern foothills of Mount Kenya about 250 km Northeast of Nairobi. Lewa Downs is some 65 km North of Nanyuki. From Nairobi, you can either drive to Lewa Downs via Nanyuki (about 4 hours) or take a light plane to Lewa Downs airstrip (about 45 minutes)
There are 4 single-room cottages and 3 thatched family cottages, each comprising two en-suite rooms and a large shared veranda. The cottage-style rooms are spread out along the hillside, all looking to the expanse of wilderness to the north.
The four single-room cottages are built in a unique design with sustainable, ecological principles in mind whilst still being exceptionally comfortable and spacious, with wonderful views across the surrounding landscape.
Each cottage is built using the traditional Lewa architecture of rough stone walls and thatched roof and is furnished with beautiful rough-hewn hardwood furniture. There are spacious verandahs and the bathrooms are en-suite.
The main building opens up to the charmingly furnished stretch veranda with its own special vista across the plains of Northern Kenya. There is a lounge and dining area with an open fireplace.
The house has a large swimming pool that overlooks a waterhole providing some of the best game viewings. Guests may also enjoy their meals by the pool, on the lawns, and in the shaded gardens surrounding the house.
Lewa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it has some of the best game viewings in the whole of East Africa. It’s home to 350 bird species and 70 mammal species so you’ll have a great chance to see all of the ‘big five’ — lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo, and rhinos — well as specialized northern species: eg Reticulated giraffes, Somali ostrich, Gerenuk, Beisa oryx.
Lewa House Laikipia Activities include Day game drives, guided bush walks, night game drives, horse rides, camel rides, game hides, and walking safaris. Guests may also enjoy hiking/jogging with a Maasai warrior, visiting Lewa’s ancient archaeological site, and visits to a Maasai cultural boma.
Lewa House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
2023 Lewa House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night include:
Full board accommodation + Soft drinks, local beers, non-premium wines, spirits + Laundry + Lewa airstrip transfers, and statutory taxes + Day and night shared game drives +Guided walks + Pre-historic site visits + Bush breakfasts + Picnic lunches, sundowners, visit the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy HQ (educational talks, school or project visits) + Visits to Il’Ngwesi cultural boma (entrance fees extra and payable direct) +One visit to Ngare Ndare forest with canopy walkway and swim in the waterfalls OR one horse/camel trek (afternoons only) in a 3-night stay. Horse rides and camel treks are subject to availability
|Dates To||Single Room
7th Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||850 Us Dollars||1,650 Us Dollars||550 Us Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||30th Apr 2023||Closed||Closed||
1st May 2023
|30th Jun 2023||850 US Dollars||1,650 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Aug 2023||1,300 US Dollars||2,300 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
1st Sep 2023
|31st Oct 2023||850 US Dollars||1,650 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||30th Nov 2023||Closed||Closed||
1st Dec 2023
|19th Dec 2023||850 US Dollars||1,650 US Dollars||550 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||6th Jan 2023||1,300 US Dollars||2,300 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
* Children 5 years stay for free
* No Departures After 10:45 am
* Hairdryers provided on request
* Check-In 11:Ooam, Check Out 10:00 am
* Lewa House is closed in April and November
* Lewa House has a warm climate all year round
* Horse/ Camel trek (afternoons only) in a 3-night stay
* Horse rides and camel treks are subject to availability
* WiFi and Phone signal are only available in the main areas
* Il’Ngwesi cultural Boma (entrance fees extra and payable direct)
* 3 family cottages (2 adjoining ensuite rooms – one double and one twin) and 4 luxury cottages with ensuite bathrooms
* Lewa Wildlife Conservancy fees – Adult 134 Us Dollars per person Per Night and a child 67 Us Dollars per child per night
* Power is solar powered 24 hours, charging points in the room (3 pin square) at floor level and in the main area, and no adapters provided
Lewa House Laikipia Non-Resident Accommodation rates
* Champagne, premium spirits, cellar wines
* Extra Ngare Ndare forest visit – 55 Us Dollars per person
* Additional camel treks – 50 Us Dollars per person – subject to availability
* Additional horse riding -80 Us Dollars per person – subject to availability
* Lewa Wildlife Conservancy fees – Adult 134 Us Dollars per person and a child 67 Us Dollars per person
* Il’Ngwesi visit entrance fees (Minimum 2 people 40 Us Dollars per person payable direct)exclusive use of a vehicle (406 Us Dollars subject to availability) and helicopter trips