Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda
Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda is a luxurious accommodation facility situated in Buhoma near the Munyanga River with panoramic and breathtaking views of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is situated in the Virunga Volcanoes mountain range and is located in southwestern Uganda on the edge of the western Rift Valley.
The lodge may be accessed by an hour flight direct to Kihihi airstrip from Entebbe International Airport, followed by 1½ hours road transfer to the lodge. It is possible to drive from Entebbe too, but this journey is quite long (12–15 hours) and you might like to allow two days for it.
Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda comes in three categories; Superior Suite, Honeymoon Suite, and Family Suite which is also the Presidential Suite.
The Superior Suites can be Twin, Double, or Triple. These suites are spacious with large double doors, beautiful windows, power points & dressing table/desk. Each Suite has its own private exquisitely designed terrace with panoramic views of the surrounding area. All suites have large en-suite bathrooms with a gorgeously designed open terracotta shower.
Honeymoon Suite – The room has the same design and features as the Superior Suites with a few little added extras including a larger bed and a bathtub in addition to the shower.
The Presidential/Family Suite – The Presidential Suite can be twin, Double, Triple, or Quadruple. With 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms, a spacious living room, and a large private terrace that overlooks the river and faces the forest this suite is designed for guests seeking the very best.
There are power points in the living room and bedrooms as well as 2 desks/ dressing tables. There is also an advanced mosquito net system in both bedrooms. Absolute privacy mixed with complete spaciousness.
The communal building is a classic timber, stone, and thatch structure, containing an open-plan lounge, restaurant, and bar. The lounge features plenty of comfortable seating around coffee tables, as well as a super-cozy double-sided fireplace.
In the restaurant, separate tables are flanked by smart upright chairs and pleasantly decorated with local fabrics and flowers. The bar is well stocked, and all areas flow out onto a terrace for al fresco dining and marveling at the spectacular scenery.
Mahogany Springs has a shop too, where you can purchase craft items, clothing, and souvenirs. And the gorgeous gardens include a fire-pit area, perfect for morning and evening gatherings when guests tuck into a few drinks and share stories of the day’s experience.
Activities at the Mahogany Springs Lodge include; Gorilla Tracking, Bird Watching, Tree Planting, Various nature walks, Community tours, Garden tours, Meeting the Batwa (Pigmies), etc. Sit on your terrace or down by the river to absorb the stunning panoramic views and allow your imagination to float off into a world of divine relaxation.
Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda Accommodation Rates
Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on a Full Board Basis(Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner) + Water in rooms, water with meals, a glass of house wine or Beer or Soft Drink with dinner + A visit Bwindi Plus School. (Subject to school opening dates) & A visit to the Ride4AWoman charity project
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||400 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||800 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||31st May 2023||320 US Dollars||500 US Dollars||
680 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|31st Oct 2023||400 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||800 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||30th Nov 2023||320 US Dollars||500 US Dollars||
680 US Dollars
1st Dec 2023
|31st Dec 2023||400 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||800 US Dollars|
* Shoe Cleaning – Free
* Laundry – 2-3 small items free of charge
* Massage service (full body massage) – 45 US Dollars per person
* Normal full body massage price is 45 US Dollars for 40 minutes
* WIFI internet – this is inside the main building of the lodge and free for guests
* Babysitting service – we offer babysitting at the lodge with our own member of staff – 25 US Dollars per 3 hours
* Vehicle Capacity: 6 people + luggage. Rates (inclusive of a driver & bottled water)
* Transfer to the Gorilla tracking starting point (UWA headquarters) – Free of charge
* Transfer from Kihihi – 250 US Dollars each way per vehicle & 400 US Dollars return
* Transfer to Ruhija for tracking – 200 US Dollars each way per vehicle 300 US Dollars return
* Child aged 0-5 years sharing with adults –Free
* There is a 2-bedroom Family Suite subject to availability
* Child aged 15 years and above – Pays the normal adult room rate
* Children aged 5-14 years sharing with adults- 50 US Dollars per night
* Please note children under the age of 16 years are not permitted to have their own Banda
* Tree Planting – 50 US Dollars per person
* Bush Breakfast – Done down by the river – 20 US Dollars per person
* Games/ DVDs – Selection of games, DVDs, and DVD players in the lounge area of the main building – All free to use
* Bush dinner – a lovely area down by the river where clients can have a romantic dinner for 2 under the stars – 30 US Dollars per person
* Mahogany Springs walk – Walk around the perimeter of the lodge and down to the river. It lasts around 1.5 hours – 15 US Dollars per person
* Bonfire – when the weather allows bonfires are lit and chairs are put around for clients to sit and tell stories sometimes a guitar player is brought
* Tour the Vegetable/ fruit gardens and try the fresh ingredients – Usually led by the lodge head chef this is a chance to try the freshest ingredients for free
* Honeymoon Suite – same as Superior Bandas BUT larger bed, bathtub in addition to the shower, a few small enhancements
* Superior Bandas – Can be Twin, Double, or Triple, desk, power points, mosquito nets, large spacious rooms, panoramic private terraces, large en-suite bathrooms
* Presidential/ Family Suite – Can be Twin, Double, Triple, or Quadruple. 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms, large lounge area, huge private panoramic terrace, 2 x desks, and power points
* At Mahogany Springs the set-up of the rooms can be varied and can accommodate a maximum capacity of around 22 clients maybe more depending on how the group is structured
Room Types: (Hot water in all the rooms at all times)
Booking & Reservations Mahogany Springs Lodge Bwindi Uganda Contact
Mobile: + 254-721-242-711
Reservations: +254 718-179-967